Gotta start somewhere...BBQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XDTime

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I've used for 20 plus years. I'm not sure if Brinkman makes them anymore but I would recommend something similar. It has a water bowl and two racks.

View attachment 401545
I have one of these and love it. I do all my chicken breast/thighs , pork chops, and jalapeno poppers on this unit. Larger cuts go on the hasty bake.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love smoking meats been doing it about 15yrs now. Started out with a cheap electric smoke similar to yours. It crapped out after about 2-3yrs and got a old country BBQ pit from academy. The simplicity of a bbq pit is awesome and the flavor is better. No electronics to go out. But it does require a lot more attention. From my experience the 3-2-1 is good for St Louis style ribs, if you're smoking babyback ribs 3hrs is usually all that's needed. Something else easy and delicious you should try is pork belly burnt ends. If any of y'all smoke brisket check out mad scientist bbq on YouTube. I learned about using wagyu tallow and OMG it will step up your brisket to the next level.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waaaaay better. Tried a seasoning my buddy suggested...not for me but the cooking is way better. I did one rack with his seasoning and one with mine so the other rack should be awesome. I sauced too early too, not BAD but could be better. Progress, tons of progress!

20230819_203055.jpg

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waaaaay better. Tried a seasoning my buddy suggested...not for me but the cooking is way better. I did one rack with his seasoning and one with mine so the other rack should be awesome. I sauced too early too, not BAD but could be better. Progress, tons of progress!

View attachment 403357
If you are going to glaze, you really dont do that until the cook is done. Throw em back on after unwrapping and let the glaze get sticky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom