Grandsons First Deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my 9 year old grandson Friday morning, and he got his first deer. I couldn't have been more proud if I killed a 160 class buck myself. Beautiful morning in Osage county. Cool little wind, just don't get no better! It was about 8:15 and we hadn't seen anything, he was definitely getting antsy. His attention span is about 2 minutes. He did manage a couple short naps, snoring so bad I thought the deer could hear him if they came in. The I spotted this guy coming straight into the feeder. So I whispered in his ear to wake him up, told him to slide up on my knee and get ready, his eyes were as big as saucers. We were hunting out of a double wide ladder stand, I was on the left and the deer was coming in on my side, worked out perfect. I told him to find him in the scope and wait for him to turn and stop for a shot. Looked at him and he was shaking and his teeth chattering so I knew this was going to be tough. He finally found the deer in the scope, deer was quartering toward us, so I told him to put it on his left shoulder and squeeze. He pulled it off like a pro.

Now for the bloody pic. He was using my Ruger .44 carbine with 240gr XTP's. That's the entrance wound, no exit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom