Greek Army Threatens Military Coup Sparking Fears of Military Uprisings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting if true.

Several news agencies out of Europe are reporting that Army and Police officers have joined the people in the riots against the banks to protest what is being perceived by European nationals as the sale of national sovereignty to foreign powers.

I'd like to think that Americans would be this bold, but I'm pessimistic. I guess things are still way too comfortable here to envision us going to that extreme.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I lived in Greece in the early 1990's, went back in 2005 on vacation to show my wife where I lived and worked. Everyone I knew over stated they hated the "Euro" it killed their economy. I hope they are ok.

The sad thing the U.S.A. is headed down the same road. We have the mentality that we can't fail. Guess what were broke.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I lived in Greece in the early 1990's, went back in 2005 on vacation to show my wife where I lived and worked. Everyone I knew over stated they hated the "Euro" it killed their economy. I hope they are ok.

The sad thing the U.S.A. is headed down the same road. We have the mentality that we can't fail. Guess what were broke.

It's amazing to me that anyone even believes the whole "too big to fail". There's no such thing. There is such a thing as failing harder or catastrophic failure. Those are terms we should be using when discussing the US economy. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom