ground blind or ladder stand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ha ha, very funny r00s! I just assumed they were waiting for does. Or maybe waiting for me! :shrug: :)

Oh, you don't stand - you draw and shoot from a sitting position. It's easy - you just have to lean forward a bit in the chair (and of course wait for "your moment" to draw, when the deer's eyes are behind a tree or bush, or they look the other way). With a Liberty I bow, you can draw and shoot with your rearend on the ground!

I think it helps with scent a little bit too. If there is a steady breeze, it seems like my scent will float right over top of them sometimes if they get downwind of my stank.

I think this is true, that it does help with scent. I've read of hardcore guys that never get less than 25 or 30 feet ( :eek: ), so that their scent goes over the top and dissipates before it settles. This is one of several advantages to stands. I'm borderline narcoleptic though, so they have a big downside to me - if I fall asleep without a harness, I'm in deep doodoo if over 6 or 8 feet up.

I feel like God up there, getting to determine who lives and who dies

That also made me laugh. I'm such a poor hunter, I nearly always shoot anything that walks by. I only pass on young bucks, and then only during gun & ML seasons. I plan to start passing young bucks during archery too, starting this year. We'll see how that works out. Well I did pass on a spike buck one time with a bow at McAAP, but that was the only time I ever passed on a deer during archery. Didn't want to be the laughingstock back at the camp.

A quick and cheap way to mask your scent is to put your clothes into a trash bag or plastic tub and add cedar shavings from pet dept at Wallyworld. They will absorb the odor real quick.

Interesting; thank you. I've got a bunch of those in the garage, for filling the dog beds with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom