ground/chair blind?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can one set up a Single person deer blind anywhere? I thought that hunter orange had to be visible. I am to big to be climbing trees and want to just get a single person blind and camp out on the ground. Any thoughts?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats a question I'm not sure of, but I'm thinking if your in a blind, your orange can't be visible, but you still have to have it on? I don't know.
But, here is what I do. I sit in a pop up or one of the chair blinds on occasion. A person cannot see in the blind, but if I see anybody nearby, I will unzip the window, and hang my orange out the window. Been told later on that they saw it and moved on to other areas.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if it is legal, but I take off my orange and hang it over my blind. I figure if a G.W. doesn't like it, I will take a ticket. But, I'd rather be seen than be shot.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My blind has a flap on all four sides that when flipped up reveals a 10"x10" piece of blaze orange. I am not sure that is enough for rifle season but I use it when bow hunting in the direction I expect foot traffic. During rifle season I hang my vest/jacket on a limb above my blind in the trees. Hopefully Jared can chime in on the legalities of the system I use.

reason for edit: I am also a vertically challenged deer hunter. Not only am I scared of being more than 10ft. in a tree, most stands can't handle this much dude.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The regulations state that you must "conspicuously wear" the orange. Doesn't say anything about being visible to others. If you're worried about getting shot at, put a couple of strips of orange at the corners of the blind.

I think they're more worried about people taking shots at "movement" in the woods, thus the requirement for the orange.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The regulations state that you must "conspicuously wear" the orange. Doesn't say anything about being visible to others. If you're worried about getting shot at, put a couple of strips of orange at the corners of the blind.

I think they're more worried about people taking shots at "movement" in the woods, thus the requirement for the orange.

+1
it doesnt have to be visible... we use inclosed tower stands out west and as long as u have it on your legal but im with some of the other guys in I will take it off and hang it outside the bind

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always carry extra el cheapo vest in my pack. Put it on blind when inside and I will usually wrap it around a deer while I am dragging it out.

Evan

AnnieOakley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad someone started this thread! I'm hunting from a ground blind this year, as I'll be very largely pregnant during deer season this year, and I've been wondering about how to go about displaying orange on it. I hunt on private land, but I still want to make sure I'm safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom