Guess it never ends.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The free Lee press I received has turned into another excuse to spend money on toys. Every time I turn around I discover some item I just have to have. Latest is a chronograph, figure I really need to compare my reloads to the book to see if/when I might blow up the gun.

After doing a little research I ordered this Caldwell.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTN5DTE/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00

Should be here today, already downloaded the Android app on my S7. Pretty cool that it will store and track different loads. Going to be a fun summer.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Crony’s are just fun to play with. We’ve cronied all of our air guns, crossbows etc.
If you shoot cast bullets, it’s almost essential that you have one.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they are fun and I even braved up and set mine at 100 yards to get velocity readings.
Figured I could hold 3/4" groups at 100 so not too hard to shoot through a window.
I did not let my buddy use it at 100 yards though.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got that chrony but I’ve got the lighted sunshades. It’s pretty reliable.
I would like to have the cordless model though.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have that same chrony, got the dee-lux version with a tripod, lighted shades, etc.

I bought it a few years ago, after shooting and reloading for decades. I should have bought it sooner, chronos are very handy to have around.

For instance, I used my chrono to help me download some surplus 7.62x54r ammo; I broke the ammo down and re-charged it using the factory powder (which looked, and acted, remarkably similar to IMR4895).
The Chrono allowed me to shoot progressively lighter powder charges, while checking for ignition anomalies through the velocity spreads.

Very handy indeed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom