guitar video thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite acoustic player. Lots of talented/skilled guitarists in the world. None can make a guitar do the things Lightin' could.

Dang Ridge, for a young dude you have some diverse musical tastes. Great quality too! :thumb:

Since you are in an acoustic mood this will fit right into your making a guitar do things it shouldn't be possible to do.

This guy ain't bad either on a fretboard:

Edit: You guys beat me to the Hedges! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this may not completely qualify:
But here's Alex Lifeson of Rush playing one of their epically long songs. For you guys who hate Geddy's voice, he does not sing, so this song is eardrum safe.
As bonus you get to hear one of the best drummers and a very good bassist!
NOTE: Lifeson may be very high later on in the song...just a warning.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And then there is Junior Brown...

You can see Junior's house from my parent's front porch.

Dang Ridge, for a young dude you have some diverse musical tastes. Great quality too! :thumb:
Since you are in an acoustic mood this will fit right into your making a guitar do things it shouldn't be possible to do.

I went acoustic because LC did, and if I start posting my favorite electric players it will never end. But...

Neil Young was 63 during this show, and playing with as much balls as he ever did. One of the filthiest, most air-guitar inducing solos in rock history. Neil's guitar work is overshadowed by the fact he writes mind-blowing lyrics. All the old lethargic rockers should take notes from Neil.

Dickey Betts is an absolute machine and Warren Haynes on slide is transcendent.

And of course Duane speaks for himself.

Homme is an underrated dude. Cool tones playing through bass amps. (3:05). Also one of my favorite bass players in this vid, Scott Reeder.

Another guy I like for his guitar tone, Jason Simon of Dead Meadow. All 3 of these guys are solid. Bass player just lays down a continuous flood with his Rickenbacker.

Eddy Shaver was the best country electric guitar player to ever walk. Monster tone. (solo 2:16)

Matt Pike, the only dude to ever really follow in Iommi's riff-creating shoes.

Bo Diddley. Who needs mulitple chords? Fawk Elvis, Bo Diddley is the king of rock and roll.

J. Mascis

I'll stop for a while.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A departure from his 8 & 7 string work. Enjoy the funk.

@Ridge - J. Mascis is one of my all time favorites. I was fortunate to see J, Lou, and Murph play a few years ago. Nothing beats the original line up.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An
@Ridge - J. Mascis is one of my all time favorites. I was fortunate to see J, Lou, and Murph play a few years ago. Nothing beats the original line up.

He's amazing. Your tastes and mine are very similar when it comes to heaviness.

Your use of the word funk means I have to post this. Eddie Hazel "play it like your momma just died". Really, every musician in Parliament/Funkadelic was amazing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom