Gun Found In Parking Lot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A younger friend found the exact same thing on a deer hunt in NE Oklahoma about 10 or so years ago. He cut out the section of trunk with the imbedded rifle and made a coffee table out of it.
He passed away a couple years ago from throat cancer brought on by chewing Tobacco.
Some of his drug buddies ransacked the house during the funeral so nobody knows what happened to it.
Firearms were totally important to their way of life back in the day. One has to wonder why these rifles were left leaning against a tree.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever shot/used one? I have keltecs from.32acp to 12 GA and they are fantastic. People that have never used one seem to talk the worst. My PF-9 will blow out a lung!
My P3-AT in .380 has been flawless. It's not a pistol one shoots on a daily basis especially in this day of ammo prices/shortages but it's great for deep concealment and the laser will "blind" you. :blush:
It's been in my pocket for close to 10 years with a spare mag in the other pocket.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A younger friend found the exact same thing on a deer hunt in NE Oklahoma about 10 or so years ago. He cut out the section of trunk with the imbedded rifle and made a coffee table out of it.
He passed away a couple years ago from throat cancer brought on by chewing Tobacco.
Some of his drug buddies ransacked the house during the funeral so nobody knows what happened to it.
Firearms were totally important to their way of life back in the day. One has to wonder why these rifles were left leaning against a tree.
Sounds like an interesting story, & a very cool coffee table. Also sounds like dude shoulda hung out with a better class of drug buddies. I had an 'chaw' story when I was about 1/2 the legal age to buy the ****. I swiped a chunk of 'Red Man', & took a big bite. Pretty much cured my ass of both petty larceny & EVER wanting to chew tobacky. My only regret was I had no mirror to watch my face turn green.
Movin' on;
Someone once gave me a 'desert discard' model 37 Winny (a single shot, break action, 12 (or 20) ga. that was down to 'just (proofed) steel. Poor thing. I think I hung it on the wall. I love old rusty artifacty ****. I have some 3 similar old long guns that were in a house fire, & then left outside in a bucket of water...(before I met them) that still need to become 'art'.
*SigH*...Life in the 'Projects'.
And I hope you DO mind if I cherry-pick quote you....(out of context ;-)......- ( a la CNN).
"One has to wonder why these rifles were Left Leaning..." ?
Perhaps they just dejectedly wandered off, leaned against a solitary tree, & let themselves rust into solemn oblivion-
before they KILLED AGAIN!!!!????

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, likely the owners were killed by a predatory animal or something nefarious. No person back in those days walked away because they forgot where they left their weapon.
OR....
Perhaps they leaned it up against the tree to pick some innocent looking little berries or mushrooms: that later, somehow, 'convinced' them to 'donate' their precious rifle to the Forest? And to henceforth become Peaceful Vegetablenarians?
....NaaaaaHHHH!!!
You're right. The Grizzlers got 'em while they were takin' a crap.
(Still doesn't fully explain the gun in the parking lot, however)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun in the parking lot possibly fell out the pocket when shuffling food bags or was improperly stored in the map pocket of the door allowing it to fall out when the door opened. Who knows?

Latest posts

Top Bottom