Gun safe floor supports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at H and H this weekend and picked out a safe. I'm going to get the Liberty Lincoln 50. My only concern is not having a slab floor. Wondering if I needed to support the joists, I called liberty. They said that it isn't needed until we get into the presidential series. The safe I am getting weighs 1115 pounds and will be placed next to an exterior wall. I was thinking of concrete blocks and connecting joists in the crawl space, but they said it won't be needed. What say you guys?

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have a fatboy and were on a crawlspace as well we did not brace underneath and everything is doing just fine. But like OF said you know your own house and if it gives you peace of mind then its worth doing.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd do it just because. Plus if it DID ever cause a problem,or there was some "unrelated" problem... you'd more than likely have insurance company problems because of your "blatant disregard for making sure the weight was properly supported"....yanno....that kinda thing. Sure wouldn't hurt to shore it up, especially if you can do that kind of thing on your own. not saying it NEEDS it....but yanno..... : )

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would brace it too. That is alot of weight for a small area, and just think of the weight you will fill it up with. Now the question is how to bolt it down to stay put, say in a Tornado? All of mine are bolted down with four 3/4 inch by for inch long anchors through the concrete in each corner of each safe. Wonder if you could bolt the safe to a piece of thick steel, then chain the plate steel down through the floor to the crawlspace and anchor the chain down through the earth with a Trailer House Tie Down set up?

Did you notice the Tornado Safe that is on display at H&H? It stayed put where it was bolted down.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in a double wide and placed some blocks and shims under my fat boy. The other liberty is smaller and I didn't do anything when we put it in place. Congrats on the new safe !

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would do something just to give me a peace of mind down the road who knows what may happen and it is better to do now than later if it does start to settle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom