Gun show in OKC tomorrow. Anyone going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Buchanan guy has a good idea, with $10 tables, and $5 admission, getting you into the gun show and the glee market. But, it appears that other promoters have decided to schedule shows against him.. I have been to a few of his shows and I Like the venue. Good lighting, good parking, etc.

The idea of raising prices because of losing business is just not smart. When I lived in Muskogee, issues of the local paper could be picked up for $0.50 at convenience stores. I've gone back for business and found the price had jumped to $0.75 because of lost volume. Now I believe they have moved to $1.00.

There was a case study in a marketing glass I took many years ago about a local bus company that was losing money so they cut the price in half and more than doubled their revenue.

But, then again, gun show promoters are probably not MBA's
Hw won’t make it due to his risky location

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crappy news today and I need a me day tomorrow.
Sheesh man, how much more bad news can there be?
106178-b7e1941ea8db5163fe4c94d654cb9705.jpg

Let me know if there's any way I can help.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sheesh man, how much more bad news can there be?
106178-b7e1941ea8db5163fe4c94d654cb9705.jpg

Let me know if there's any way I can help.
Nope. It just sucks.
Needed a me day. Just be by myself and do what ever, so I went to Edmond this morning and made a very good friend Stergisrun. What a cool guy. We made a good deal on a sale and when I figure out how to give him a rating, I'll do it. PS Some one tell me how to do it.
Then I went to the gun show at the fairgrounds. I was looking for powder or reloading ammo or whatever. I enjoy going. It was small but had some nice guns. I found an older heavy duty tripod that needs a little work for 15 bucks. It will work great with my chrono or spotting scope. I enjoyed it and I think we should all support these small shows.
Today was good. Met another great member of OSA. Terry is great to talk to. We spent about an hour just shooting the bull and I never noticed. Hope to see you again Terry.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used Dillon presses hold their value and seem to sell for about 85% of their retail or online price regardless of age if in good condition. I'd be shocked if you found that at a gun show. But then again, I haven't been to one in 15 years either and before that one it was probably 20, so what do I know? Good luck.
I have zero expectations on getting a dillon 650XL at a gun show, but you can find a few parts here and there. Since I'm doing the dillon just like forster, I'll get it little by little. A buddy of mine got one in parts at a gun show from a woman that had no idea what it was. Just knew it was a bunch of odds and ends to a machine of her exhusband. Turns out every thing was there except the dies. She would take any offer but he's a decent man and gave her a decent price.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom