Gun show in OKC tomorrow. Anyone going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Raising prices because attendance is down seems like a pretty poor marketing plan...

The high entry fees are because the vendors are trying to make up for the lack of attendance from both patrons and table rental. The place they have the show in charges a fee for the use of the building and utilities. I stopped going to the Okc Fairgrounds shows because they were talking about adding a charge for parking.

Claude Hall lost a lot of business when he started treating the sellers like s### and they moved on. As said earlier, there are more shows out there. I’ve noticed that Buchanan’s is holding a flea market and a gun show at the Old Crossroads mall. They used to be at the fairgrounds frequently.

I forget why, but Metcalf was on the no-go list for a long time.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just looking for a deal on a 650Xl Dillon, H4350 and reloading supplies. Unless the holy grail pops up.
Crappy news today and I need a me day tomorrow.
I've been to this before but can't remember how it was. Is is worth it? Is there somewhere else I can get a used dillon or H4350 powder? Trying to stock up on a few things

I have not seen one at a gun show. Every once in while a conversion kit or die set. I have bought about 7 Dillion’s in the last 5 years. From the classifieds here, Boomer Shooter, and Armslist. I’ve only bought one new one (a 1050). Many times I have had to buy way more items than I needed or wanted as part of a package deal. Then part out what I wanted and sell off the excess. But I came out much better because of it.

You have to be ready to pull the trigger when the right deal comes along. There are some on eBay on occasion, but I’ve never seen a good deal there.

Good luck with your search!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Buchanan guy has a good idea, with $10 tables, and $5 admission, getting you into the gun show and the glee market. But, it appears that other promoters have decided to schedule shows against him.. I have been to a few of his shows and I Like the venue. Good lighting, good parking, etc.

The idea of raising prices because of losing business is just not smart. When I lived in Muskogee, issues of the local paper could be picked up for $0.50 at convenience stores. I've gone back for business and found the price had jumped to $0.75 because of lost volume. Now I believe they have moved to $1.00.

There was a case study in a marketing glass I took many years ago about a local bus company that was losing money so they cut the price in half and more than doubled their revenue.

But, then again, gun show promoters are probably not MBA's

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Buchanan guy has a good idea, with $10 tables, and $5 admission, getting you into the gun show and the glee market. But, it appears that other promoters have decided to schedule shows against him.. I have been to a few of his shows and I Like the venue. Good lighting, good parking, etc.

The idea of raising prices because of losing business is just not smart. When I lived in Muskogee, issues of the local paper could be picked up for $0.50 at convenience stores. I've gone back for business and found the price had jumped to $0.75 because of lost volume. Now I believe they have moved to $1.00.

There was a case study in a marketing glass I took many years ago about a local bus company that was losing money so they cut the price in half and more than doubled their revenue.

But, then again, gun show promoters are probably not MBA's

Quantity sells. If the cell phone companies would drop prices they could sell three to four times the volume they do now.

Set on the 650xl

650 is the way to go. Auto-indexing with a case feeder. Add a few little upgrades and you’ll have trouble keeping supplies on hand.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used Dillon presses hold their value and seem to sell for about 85% of their retail or online price regardless of age if in good condition. I'd be shocked if you found that at a gun show. But then again, I haven't been to one in 15 years either and before that one it was probably 20, so what do I know? Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom