Gun Show, Tulsa - Custom Hearing Protection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get custom ear molds from most ear doctors. I use my custom in ear monitors that I use to play with my band. I put those in and it's better than any ear muffs or foamies. You don't need to get them from a firearm specific seller. The best part about them is that nobody can borrow them because they only fit my ears!! I highly recommend it. Actually, when I go to the range to shoot, I plug in my iPod, stick in my custom ear molds,.. And shoot with all my favorite tunes.

Good luck.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll be a few tables set up. But, as carol stretch mentioned....your ear, nose & throat doctor can make them for you. They usually have 2-3 levels of protection you can buy. Kind of like-good, better, and best quality.

I had my doc make me a pair a couple years ago. One of the best accessories I've purchased....hands down.

I would at least call a doc for a price before you go pay $500-800 per pair at the gun show.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doubt you'd pay over $200 for basic ear protection molds. I bought very high quality molds that have a high, mid and low driver in each ear and they were $400 for the set. Just call a few ear Dr.'s and ask them what your options are.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I got some ear molds at a Denton, TX show a month ago. "Hearing Specialties" by Bill & Ravena Fairchild 682.365.0261. The use the Inta-Mold process. Check out www.earinc.com. We got the molded hearing protection with the "bud" in them that allows you to hear conversations but not gun shots. Cost was $90 for each of us. They are OK so far.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a fellow who usually sets up on the lower level at the Wanenmacher show, on the easternmost aisle, and he makes custom ear molds. Nothing fancy, just basic solid molds like you'd get with behind-the-ear hearing aids, and IIRC he charges $40 a pair. You can ask for a solid color of your choice, or have him swirl two or more colors together.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a set of the electronic "Wolf Ears" about a year ago. I love "em. I can hear things going around me while they're on , due to amplification (kinda like low level hearing aids), but when I fire, they shut down till the gunshot noise is done...perhaps 2 seconds.

I keep them right by my bed. My thinking is if I have to repel boarders, I can put them on first and them grab my double-barrel. I have the advantage of hearing everything inside and even outside if its close to the door. I have tested them by having a conversation with the boss lady on the other side of the door.

If you've ever shot any gun inside without hearing protection, you know it doesn't work like in the movies.

Free Trapper

Latest posts

Top Bottom