Gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
or like saying that its ok to be an illegal alien, as long as you are not doing something bad at the moment. LOL

Not really. I have always advocated that something be done to give them the opportunity to become citizens, or alternatively to get them some sort of legal status which allows them to live and work here. I have never said I am in favor of illegal immigration. I have simply said I believe it is a federal issue, not a state one, and we have to be realistic and humane in our approach to solving it.

Let's stay on topic.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was my understanding that if you turn more than x number of firearms a year, or if your intention is to make profits then you're required to get a license.
As for bringing the tax issue into it regarding private sales do you pay sales tax at a garage sale?

I don't have garage sales.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, there is a tax for Garage sales, this comes down to an enforment issue. In Moore when you get your permitt to do a Garage sale, they also give you a Tax form.

There are many laws on the books that we do not like, but they are laws. Does anyone like paying tax, no, but we do it, well most of us do. it is just like going the speed limit, do we like to, in most cases no, but we do it, well most of us do.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh geeeez, really? Because we are gun enthusiasts we should bury our heads in the sand to something that looks so wrong. Forget about the "hoodlum look," the ass clown was holding the weapon bragging about how he "could mess some people up". That's enough for me to question the judgment of the dealer.

Pointing out something that looks bad is not an attack on the 2nd Amendment. Superdave's observation about the dealer is correct.

Unless you were standing there holding Superdave's hand, I don't believe that your assumption of him being correct about the dealer and the buyers involved is relevant.

If you'd have read my entire post that you so kindly quoted, then you'd see where I gave Superdave the benefit of the doubt in his assumption but warned that without PROOF of illegal activity then it is just what the antis want to hear.

If it was that big of a concern, then why wasn't law enforcement notified, rather than notifying everyone on this forum and on the internet how "evil" this gunshow and gun dealer were?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why does anyone talk about anything on any forum?

Do you really believe what you post truly matters to anyone?

And I don't read his post as a condemnation of the gun shows, merely pointing out the irresponsibility of the dealer.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why does anyone talk about anything on any forum?

Do you really believe what you post truly matters to anyone?

And I don't read his post as a condemnation of the gun shows, merely pointing out the irresponsibility of the dealer.

I agree there is some question of the dealers moral responsibility in this situation. But I think what he was pointing out is the fact that pointing out this dealers action could be seen to add validity to the argument that there should be more oversight/control of firearms sales, specifically at gun shows.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get that, but what's the alternative? Ignore the bad actions in the gun community? I don't believe superdave had any ill intent.

I certainly do not believe Superdave had ill intent either, In my opinion (only knowing him from his post) I think he spoke out of concern for who might "get messed" up. And no the "bad/illegal actions" of any person should not be ignored regardless of who they are or their "community".

Latest posts

Top Bottom