Gundy gets apology over blown TD call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to get in a pissing match. But the fact of the matter is that OSU doesn't have a goal line camera because there is no room for one. The video that people want to point to is from behind the offensive formation and the other is from the back of the endzone and there is absolutely no way to tell if his head or the football did or didn't pass the goal line from those angles. If you are an OSU fan or anti-UT then you are going to say it definitely shows a fumble, if you are a UT fan you are going to say it was a TD. If you are just looking at the camera shots you can't tell either way. It was a 50/50 call that went our way. If it had been ruled a fumble on the play then there wouldn't have been evidence to overturn it either.

OSU got several calls and no calls go their way during the game as well.

But to point of this thread to begin with...there was no apology to Gundy.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goal line camera would have had very little impact on this one. Both side lateral views were pretty well blocked by players. The end zone view on the runner's right front pretty clearly showed his body down in the field of play with his head only on the goal line.

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing was clearly shown, it just wasn't. If it was clearly shown it would have been ruled so on the review. I've watched every single camera angle and nothing is clear. When the camera is in front at an angle it can create a bad viewing angle and you can't get a tell on where the line is. It's all opinion because of the bad camera angles.

Goal line cameras are the cart cams that go up and down the sideline(or sidelines) and OSU stands are something like 10 yards from the sideline. There is no room for a cart cam, therefore no room for a goal line cam. The stands being so close are a definite homefield advantage for OSU but the cost is you can't have some of the cameras typically on the sideline for most college games.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to get in a pissing match. But the fact of the matter is that OSU doesn't have a goal line camera because there is no room for one. The video that people want to point to is from behind the offensive formation and the other is from the back of the endzone and there is absolutely no way to tell if his head or the football did or didn't pass the goal line from those angles. If you are an OSU fan or anti-UT then you are going to say it definitely shows a fumble, if you are a UT fan you are going to say it was a TD. If you are just looking at the camera shots you can't tell either way. It was a 50/50 call that went our way. If it had been ruled a fumble on the play then there wouldn't have been evidence to overturn it either.

OSU got several calls and no calls go their way during the game as well.But to point of this thread to begin with...there was no apology to Gundy.

The fumble is irrelevant at this point. I was at the game no one in the crowd where I was sitting even thought UT had fumbled. We were hoping that they ruled it a td so that we would get the ball back at least with some time left. All the defense needed to do was stop them. I am kinda mad Gundy didnt play for a td on the other end with 2 minutes left.

As far as the bolded part, in every game there are calls that can go both ways. Go back to your awesome 4th down conversion and tell me there wasn't a blatant block in the back that was missed. Call that penalty correctly and you lose. Look you can play that all night long bad calls are part of the game it happens every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Its part of why we like the game so much.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is absolutely no way to tell if his head or the football did or didn't pass the goal line from those angles. If you are an OSU fan or anti-UT then you are going to say it definitely shows a fumble, if you are a UT fan you are going to say it was a TD. If you are just looking at the camera shots you can't tell either way. It was a 50/50 call that went our way. If it had been ruled a fumble on the play then there wouldn't have been evidence to overturn it either..

I think you need to watch this youtube clip...couldn't tell what it was? couldn't make out the fumble? You sure didn't try too hard...

Last edited by a moderator:

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cvrx4..I agree 100%.

And by the way..I think the officials in the Big 12 are possibly the worst in college football. They don't even call holding anymore. Not just against us but on us as well. It's sad, IMO.

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That replay is at an angle that you can not tell whether the ball had crossed the GL or not. You guys are just proving my point.

If you are a OSU fan or a UT hater you are going to see it clearly as a fumble.

It's all just opinion.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cvrx4..I agree 100%.

And by the way..I think the officials in the Big 12 are possibly the worst in college football. They don't even call holding anymore. Not just against us but on us as well. It's sad, IMO.

Yep and to prove your point when we play out of conference OSU/Arizona there was a holding penalty every other play.
The problem with OSU this year is Gilbert and Brown, they are not playing like they did last year, and the DEs aren't as good either. I think Markelle Martin is missed more than people expected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom