Gunman in a shootout with police at 21st and Yale in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is going to play badly overseas with a promising 24 yr old Chinese Engineering student killed violently.

attending University of Tulsa is suppose to be one of the safest places on earth

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad about the student from China. We all should say a prayer for his family.

And for his female passenger, who watched as he was shot dead right next to her. She may have long-lasting mental trauma as a result of a senseless and random act of violence.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is going to play badly overseas with a promising 24 yr old Chinese Engineering student killed violently.

attending University of Tulsa is suppose to be one of the safest places on earth

I'd agree, except any serious outrage they might have should be tempered by the willingness of the Chinese government to kill their own. I really feel for the kid's family & friends though. It just puts America and Oklahoma in a bad light. This country and this region have a long history of outlaws, but rarely does it cause an international incident. The fact that they targeted gun owners and used impersonation to catch their victims off guard is pretty sobering. This is pretty much the type of stuff that they make movies about. I'm really thankful that they didn't use some of the heavier artillery to shoot it out with the cops. As bad as this was, it could have been MUCH worse! :(

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, definitely prayers out to the students family and friend who survived.

I haven't seen any futher information on the man and woman they arrested when the stolen van and guns were found. Glad they were apprehended!

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone heard what types of guns were recocovered ? The cop on ch 2 acted like they were all class 3 and 50 bmg loaded with ap . The news footage show maybe 2 ar's and some bolt guns ,handguns and maybe sig aug .

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone heard what types of guns were recocovered ? The cop on ch 2 acted like they were all class 3 and 50 bmg loaded with ap . The news footage show maybe 2 ar's and some bolt guns ,handguns and maybe sig aug .

You know how it goes with the media... more than one gun is always an "arsenal" and more than one box of ammo is always a "cache" and everything that's black or has a removable mag is an "assault weapon".

None the less, I'm glad they recovered them so we don't have a pile of stolen weapons out there.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know how it goes with the media... more than one gun is always an "arsenal" and more than one box of ammo is always a "cache" and everything that's black or has a removable mag is an "assault weapon".

None the less, I'm glad they recovered them so we don't have a pile of stolen weapons out there.

Isn't that the truth. Do we have any idea if they belonged to a single owner?

Edit: Just read that the guns will sent to the Co. Sheriff where the burglary occured. So, that they can be identified by the victim.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just the media.....a cop they interviewed on fox23 last night told of one handgun in the lot "they like to call an elephant gun" in ".454 caliber". Even made me skeered for a minute.....

In addition to the above, I also noticed an FAL with a "butthole" stock. I'm surprised they didn't pull that one out to cause bladder incontenence to the ignorant masses. They did repeat that there was "30,000 rounds of ammo", but in their defense they did say that it was completely legal to own all those guns and ammo.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be fair, I'd be calling a .454 Casull revolver an elephant gun too.

The officer on the news that I saw said there were some assault rifles in the mix, which I'm guessing just means "military-pattern semi-auto rifle," but that's a pretty easy mistake to make if you're not a gun geek honestly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom