Bicyclist dies after being struck by pickup truck in north Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TULSA, Okla. — Police confirmed that a 30-year-old man is dead after being struck by a car in north Tulsa.

Officers were dispatched to the scene near Virgin and N Peoria Ave around 2:16 p.m. Thursday. When officers arrived, they learned a bicyclist was struck by a Chevy Silverado pickup truck traveling northbound on the north side of the intersection.

The bicyclist was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Police determined the bicyclist was crossing the roadway in or near the crosswalk, but did not have the pedestrian signal as he traveled westbound. The pickup truck was traveling northbound in the inside lane as the bicyclist crossed the intersection into the driver’s path.

Officers determined there was no indication of any speeds involved by the pickup truck, and witnesses told police the traffic light was green for the pickup truck. There was also no indication of any drug or alcohol use by either party, according to police.

https://www.fox23.com/news/bicyclis...-tulsa-police-say/NJKCA2LR6JAWXC2ZK3LOKFKGWQ/

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah im surprise more arent hit around here they think they can go where they want and never obey traffic signs, ive seen they swerve from one side of the road to the other without looking to see if anyone else is around they are worse than a pedestrian walking.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The majority of bicyclists are @ssholes and think they own the road.
This may be true but so are a lot of drivers. I used to cycle a lot but I did it mostly around lakes to avoid most of the road rage that bicycles seem to spark.

I used to cycle around Hefner and up on the dam would run the speed limit. People would get frustrated up there some time and speed around like they were going to a fire. I'm thinking, if you are in a big hurry, why in the h*ll are you taking the scenic drive around the lake??

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If they have bikers shorts, helmet, calves the size of watermelons, then they usually follow the rules extremely well. It's the ones who use the road and vehicle laws until they get to an intersection where the lights don't meet their needs, they pop the curb then use the sidewalk and start using pedestrian laws.........can't do both, it usually doesn't turn out well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom