gunmen claiming the start of the revolution kill 2 officers and 3 others in Vegas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SrA Brown stopped an active shooter armed with an AK-variant, on Fairchild AFB, with 4 shots from his M9 from around 70 yards...after peddling his patrol bike to the scene.

If it's the tool you are most likely to have on you...ya probably should know how to use it well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On another forum I was debating with a guy who said practicing with a handgun at long range was impractical. I pointed out that the Texas trailer park guy who saved a pinned down officer, shot the perp from well over 50 yards with a hunting revolver. I practice on a reduced steel torso at 50 yards all the time. If an active shooter event breaks out near me, the optimal plan is to play hide and go sniper. For active shooters who are randomly killing people, the report of your gun is all the warning they need. :(

The USPSA matches we hold at the Ponca City rifle and gun club have lots of hosing, close range, steel, etc, but when the 35 yard steel comes into play, the game changes. I've seen many mag dumps at that range with high capacity mags involved.

Do yourself a favor, and test your arms at longer ranges.

Our range is getting ready to start the hand gun safari matches.

Any handgun legal for deer is legal.

50 yards. Y'all come.

The targets are really small.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The USPSA matches we hold at the Ponca City rifle and gun club have lots of hosing, close range, steel, etc, but when the 35 yard steel comes into play, the game changes. I've seen many mag dumps at that range with high capacity mags involved.

Do yourself a favor, and test your arms at longer ranges.

Our range is getting ready to start the hand gun safari matches.

Any handgun legal for deer is legal.

50 yards. Y'all come.

The targets are really small.

When is it?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Michigan Militia reported McVeigh to the FBI because he was "too radical". The Bundy supporters didn't want this clown there for the same reasons. If some folks who are deemed by many in society to be radical extremists are pointing to a guy and saying "he's too extreme", that is what we in the business call a clue. :(

I would add to this by saying most of us are being painted with the same brush. Have you said disparaging things online about the government? Do you own guns? Live in the rural areas? Have unconventional and quaint ideas about liberty?

These are sick and evil people who commit these acts. And there actions will be exploited by some in power to **** **** us.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, prayers out to all the loved ones who lost family and friends, dads and daughters in this ugly affair.

Second, it appears that reading the LV Sun article posted earlier, both times the killers advanced past, then turned to fire at their victims. I have to wonder where they learned that particular tactic?

Not something you'd likely be anticipating in a benign environment.

Third, as mentioned, they appear "bat-****" crazy, and had been for some time. Shame for the family's it couldn't have been identified earlier.

I guess this is the slippery slope with monitoring of the web, does the state respond to a web posting? How and when? In the case of the CA shooter they did, but apparently not intrusively enough. How much intrusion is appropriate? Any?

I anticipate these are the kinds of questions we will need to be aware of; and those in office will attempt to answer for us soon.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Michigan Militia reported McVeigh to the FBI because he was "too radical". The Bundy supporters didn't want this clown there for the same reasons. If some folks who are deemed by many in society to be radical extremists are pointing to a guy and saying "he's too extreme", that is what we in the business call a clue. :(

"Jerad Dwain Miller had a lengthy criminal history dating back at least to 2000 that saw him in and out of jail on felony and misdemeanor charges in both Washington state and in his home state of Indiana.

In 2010 and 2007 he was convicted of drug dealing and possession charges related to marijuana.

Jerad Miller was arrested by Tippecanoe County, Ind., police on a battery charge in 2009 but later found not guilty.

In February 2011, he was arrested on a strangulation battery charge in Dearborn County, Ind., though the result of that case is unclear.

Jerad Miller also was no stranger to police in Benton County, Wash. District Court records there show he was convicted of obstructing a public officer and DUI in August 2002. In April of that year he was found guilty of assault with intent to cause injury, and also had earlier convictions for third-degree malicious mischief, third-degree theft, harassment and taking a motor vehicle without permission...

In January the Millers were interviewed by federal law enforcement officers after they threatened to “shoot up” a Department of Motor Vehicles office in Indiana, according to a law enforcement official in Las Vegas..."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/la...sunday-rampage

I'd think the above would be a "clue" but I'm not "in the business" so what do I know.:anyone:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not blaming the neighbor, cause I don't think we all need to be spying on each other, and I don't know if she actually possessed the knowledge that we all do post incident, but, if she knew the guy was a felon, and he was threatening to "kill cops" or anybody else for that matter, and he was illegally possessing guns, she's right; she should have called the cops.

If I come across a felon, and he's got a gun, I'm calling the fuzz. Possession of a handgun during or post committing a felony should be a life sentence. I've got no tolerance for felons illegally owning guns. I'm sick of the issues they cause. If they need to make some room in the prisons let out a few non-violent, non-gun possessing guys.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suspect that it would be very easy to get tunnel vision and just zone in on someone that is brandishing a gun, or some how posing a threat, and not be completely aware of your surroundings.

Something to think about.

It is, very easy. Unless you've had active shooter training over and over, it is very difficult to know how to react. And training like that is something I think every HGL holder should pursue, of their own accord, for exactly this reason. As time and money permit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom