Guns Stolen from Sheriff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To piggyback on SoonerShots comment, I'm honestly surprised and a little amazed that there were guns to steal up there. It would have never even occurred to me that there were guns stored in there in the first place. Saw the story on KJRH last night - looks like the crooks broke into the observation windows on the range side of the building. But like I said, I'd never even think about guns being up there in the first place - just figured it was an observation area to run the training for the deputies. Makes me think somebody had to know there were guns up there, or the crooks just got lucky while they were looking for anything valuable to steal from the room.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[The thieves stole five handguns and six rifles and it wasn't hard once they were inside. The sheriff's office says those guns were just lying on the floor]

.["We didn't know there were guns out there," he said. "Obviously some members of our training staff did, but department wide it was something that people just weren't aware of. But apparently the burglars were aware of it."]

[Bowman says he found out sheriff's office employees have been leaving a few guns at the club for decades in case someone forgets theirs.]

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=14085323

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whether it was TGC or the Sheriff's responsability... was there a safe or locks of ANY kind other than the door?

I do realize that no matter what, the theive(s) would get whatever they want if they were committed to stealing them. But that's not the point.

Disagree, a proper safe, safe room, etc i believe could serve its intended purpose. (barring it being an insider theft of course)

we need more details though thats for sure

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blame the victim?

Michael

Jump to conclusions?

I'm wondering if the guns were secured and in what way. I think it's important as gun owners that we are responsible for our weapons and take every reasonable measure to ensure they are protected against theft. I think as law enforcement, the TCSO should be setting the example here as well.

I'm not blaming the victim for their own theft, however I will be the first to stand up and blame them for setting such a poor example and making it easier for criminals to steal their weapons if that is in fact the case.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jump to conclusions?

I'm wondering if the guns were secured and in what way. I think it's important as gun owners that we are responsible for our weapons and take every reasonable measure to ensure they are protected against theft. I think as law enforcement, the TCSO should be setting the example here as well.

I'm not blaming the victim for their own theft, however I will be the first to stand up and blame them for setting such a poor example and making it easier for criminals to steal their weapons if that is in fact the case.

Read the article I posted a link to at post #23 of this thread, if anyone else told a story like this, (the guns were unsecured and on the floor!) wouldn't many if not most people blame the victim? And if those were weapons paid for by taxpayers money they have a right to, if not then once again the double standard applies.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read the article I posted a link to at post #23 of this thread, if anyone else told a story like this, (the guns were unsecured and on the floor!) wouldn't many if not most people blame the victim? And if those were weapons paid for by taxpayers money they have a right to, if not then once again the double standard applies.

Thanks! Sorry, I was lazy reading and missed that fact.

WOW... on the floor. Ya, I think you're right about the double standard. I've seen countless threads on here where people get downright mean when normal citizens have their guns unsecured and stolen.

This certainly this is a black eye for the TCSO. I'll be lazy again, did they offer ANY kind of statement at all about it?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! Sorry, I was lazy reading and missed that fact.

WOW... on the floor. Ya, I think you're right about the double standard. I've seen countless threads on here where people get downright mean when normal citizens have their guns unsecured and stolen.

This certainly this is a black eye for the TCSO. I'll be lazy again, did they offer ANY kind of statement at all about it?

["Lesson learned," he said. "We'll take our licks for making that mistake and we'll fix the problem and not the blame, then we'll go after the guns and get them back."] Captain John Bowman

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TULSA - Authorities say they have made and arrest in connection with several guns stolen from the Tulsa Gun Club belonging to the Tulsa County Sheriffs Office in February.

Colton Duane Stewart, 20, was taken into custody at his residence in Claremore without incident for knowingly concealing stolen property and second degree burglary.

Authorities has recovered eight out of the eleven weapons that were stolen, Sgt. Shannon Clark with the Tulsa County Sheriffs office said.

Three Glock .45 caliber 21-C semi-auto handguns are still outstanding he said.

Anyone who has purchased such a weapon from Stewart it is probably stolen and belongs to the Sheriffs office, Clark said.

Anyone with information about these missing handguns should contact Tulsa County Sheriffs investigators at (918) 596-8661

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/suspect-arrested-for-stealing-sheriff-weapons

Latest posts

Top Bottom