Gunsmith to install gas block/hand guard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's supposed to be simple stuff but I'm not comfortable doing it myself.

Who around OKC/North OKC does this?

I need a free float hand guard and gas tube removed/reinstalled.

H&H said it would be $55. I Don't mind paying that much just want it to be done right.

Also any experiences with H&H or other gunsmiths is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the sights on my M&P 40 replaced at H&H a few years ago. They did fine and was happy with it but I would probably just buy the tool and a vise block if I were to need to do it again.

As far as doing the handguard with a vise and a couple of tools it is easy to do. If you don't have the tools and want to save the fifty bucks as well as have a little help let me know. I have the barrel extension torque tool rather than a vise block ( http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...-barrel-extension-torque-tools-prod27452.aspx ) and an armourer's wrench. I also have a small portable vise but a bench mount one would be much better. Probably take twenty minutes to do it all.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd help you do it or loan you the tools and walk you through it. I certainly wouldn't want to pay $55 for that simple task, unless it was a handguard that takes a very specific proprietary wrench.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appears to be a very simple install. Is the gas block pinned, clamp, or set screw? You can pay and I'm sure they will do a good job or I'd be happy to help you out or get together with you at some point.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on whether you want to learn and try it for yourself or just pay to have it done and not worry about it. Should be a very quick/easy install, unless something unforeseen happens. Think it over and send me a PM if you get brave!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have the wrench for the handguard like I said I can bring my tools and knowledge and we can get it figured out. Edmond isn't far and you will gain the knowledge you need for later on. I am sure a few others would do the same.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for offering to help. I really appreciate that. I think for peace of mind I would rather pay a gunsmith do it. I have the utmost respect for those that offered help and mean no ill will towards you. Oklahomans are great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom