Gut feeling........will Putin attack Ukraine ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will Putin attack? What would we do if Russia placed missiles on the Canadian/United States border? I guess with Biden the answer would be nothing especially if Russia offers the Biden Syndicate money.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Russia can not make them because Antonov has the expertise and patients. Russia has some aircraft manufacturers capable of making transports, Ilyushin to name one, but the are not as good as Antonov with the exception of the Il-76..

Oh and Russia could afford to buy them with all the money they are making selling gas to Europe, they just prefer to control their sources just like we do. The European A400 is better then most transport planes made today falling between the C-17 and latest models of the C-130. Head and shoulder above the AN-12 and Russia could probably buy a license to produce it. They could also easily buy a license to produce the Chinese Y-20.
While all this is true, why wait so long to either buy them or produce them themselves under license? Could be that those planes and/or plans simply are not for sale to Russia. Ergo, the pirates code applies. Steal what you can, give nothing back.(Quote source, "Pirates of the Caribbean.") :rubhands:

Woody

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that Russia will not invade. I feel that this is probably saber rattling to push the price of oil up. I also feel that Biden and Putin are acting in concert, with Biden's purpose being an attempt to divert attention away from the giant mess here in the US.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that Russia will not invade. I feel that this is probably saber rattling to push the price of oil up. I also feel that Biden and Putin are acting in concert, with Biden's purpose being an attempt to divert attention away from the giant mess here in the US.
I called wag the dog weeks ago.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Russian invasion would be suicide. There are other options, just like the Crimean situation. It is more likely that they're working on a counter-Color-Revolution plan, which they have the skill, patience, and capacity to pull off.

The Russian military punches well above its weight in subterfuge.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bullies don't attack people who can fight back

we've got more guns than people
We've been doing it for a while now - and getting our nose bloodied every time.

The real invasion here has already been a success, without the invaders firing a shot. And they continue to invade, unabated.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a lot of truth in this. ^^^
They are masters of generating huge depots of weapons that are inflatables or fake to create a massive build up. All militaries across the globe do the same thing.

They issue masks as standard equipment to deny the enemy information about the number and origin of troops. FSB units operate as mercenary companies. Units and militias are trained in procurement so they can arm themselves with local weaponry and equipment.
I respect the ability to get the job done on a shoestring budget.
Something about that old myth about the astronauts using expensive space pens while cosmonauts use pencils...
https://warisboring.com/why-eastern-european-soldiers-wear-ski-masks/

Latest posts

Top Bottom