H&H Gun Expo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they give away any Gun manufacturer swag? I need a new badge lanyard for work or something. Not sure if it is worth going for that though. Haha
I got a sig sauer pen and lanyard last year. I use the lanyard every day. I'm hoping to get another this year. Too bad glock won't be there. I'd love to have a glock lanyard to go with my glock coffee cup.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the H&H today for the expo....I should have stayed home. The first gem was they have just re-tarred the asphalt in the parking lot so in this heat your shoes actually sink into the tar blobs. Second gem was they told us there was a Kimber rep there and we spent an hour try to find this person only to find out no reps from Kimber showed up this year. Third gem was the tiny area they arranged all the rep tables so it was so cramped you had to punch people in the ear to move from one place to the next while other areas were vacant. Fourth gem was it was HOT...I don't know if they were too cheap to crank the A/C or their system is just inadequate for the space they have. Forget about people wanting to shoot the rep guns, it was too hot in there, I saw one person shooting and he had brought his own gun from home. I wanted to shoot the Ruger GSR and the Redhawk Alaskan but there was no way I was going into that hellbox of a range. The fifth gem was some system that I didn't quite understand...you have to pay $15 to be eligible for any of the giveaways, which seems strange, and that $15 also allows you to be able to shoot guns except if you don't want to pay the $15 dollars then you can pay a few dollars for each gun you want to shoot but you won't be eligible for any of the giveaways. So basically they charge you $15 to be entered for the giveaways...lame, especially when it was too damn hot to shoot anyways. Won't do another, nope.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So...., what charity is the money raised going to this year? Last year was supposed to be Chad Peery. I'm still trying wrap my head around the $15 thing. Does $15 let you shoot unlimited amounts?

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wasn't that bad. I rather enjoyed it. Granted I got there at 11 in the morning yesterday. It seemed less busy this year. The ranges weren't hot when I was there. And I didn't really pay attention to the minimum to get into the drawing. However there are like 50 items they are drawing for so the chances are pretty high. I just paid the lady 20 bucks and got my 6 tickets.
Okay, so I shot a Des Eagle 44 Mag and they only give you one bullet (which is kinda lame but whatever). $3.33 for one shot of 44 Mag seems a little high. I also shot a m&p shield. This made the whole thing worth it. That is a sweet little pistol. I had pretty much talked myself into a snub for ccw but now I have changed my mind. That little thing was stupid accurate. At ~7 yards I put all my rounds in a circle that could have been covered by a 50 cent piece. That's better than what I did with the competition XDM that I shot!

Anyway, if you are a debbie downer and don't care to be around 20-30 people or have super high expectations of the ranges at H&H (I mean come on this is H&H) or if you don't get giddy shooting a bunch of guns that you don't want to shell out thousands of dollars for, then you probably should skip it.
But if you are like me and don't necessarily mind crowds and understand that the ranges at H&H aren't the best and just love to shoot guns then there are definitely worse things to spend your time doing.

B

BK7saum

Dang!

I was supposed to be in OKC today, but schedule got shifted around. Oh well, If I'd seen a full parking lot, I would've driven on by anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom