Had fun watching this auction today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it was factory refinished after the trial (as I believe many of them were). Either way it's a fantastic investment gun. I'd bet it would be hard to find one in better shape.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe it was factory refinished after the trial (as I believe many of them were). Either way it's a fantastic investment gun. I'd bet it would be hard to find one in better shape.

Very true on condition. If refinished at factory, I don't how far back Savage has kept up with their records, but a factory letter stating it was one of the test pistols, and that they did in fact refinish it would add lots to the value.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't this the same one that was displayed at the last Wanenmacher's show? I handled one there that had been consigned to auction. I was amazed, when I saw it in the glass display case - I said to the guy behind it "Wow - I've never seen one of those before!" and he reached in, took it out and handed it to me. I felt like I should have been wearing white cotten gloves like the musem people do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom