Had my cherry popped today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp had my cherry popped today, had my first squib load. it looks like I had a case that didn't charge in the charging station on my progressive. I was wringing out the ole 1911 and the hammer fell and it felt like nothing happened I did an immediate action drill and whammo I caught sight of the empty case with no boolit in it when it came out. Glad I caught it, a 45ACP kaboom would not have been fun.

Other than that 4.6 grains of bullseye under a J&K hard cast 200gr LSWC was a nice shooting round. I need to run them through and reseat them to a slightly shorter OAL I think. I had a couple of feed issues and slide not completely in battery issues with that load. I seated some to 1.20, 1.225 and 1.250.

The 1.250's were the culprits. I'll run them through the seating die and bring them down to 1.225 and call it a day.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was having many feeding issues until I spoke with Mitch and he convinced me to get a lee factory crimp die. Since then I have had zero problems with ftfs! Midway has them and they are rarely inexpensive....
--Mech

Latest posts

Top Bottom