Haggling at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or after you figure they are an Oklahoma owned and operated business that contributes to the tax base as well as providing employment for Oklahomans, saving $20 might not be as important as you originally thought. Just a consideration.

Well said, sir!

That being said, the same is true about Fred Baker's (AKA Outdoor America), and C&J in Bethany. I have never paid sticker price from Cindy. They are good people. If she doesn't have it, she'll order it right away.

I used to buy used rental guns from H&H, when they were much, much smaller, and Will always knocked down the price for me then, but that was long ago. I'm sure he still would. I have spent a ton in all three places over the last 20 years. I have never bought a gun from Walmart or Academy. H&H saved me, as well as many innocent, potential victims during my long divorce in 1990 something.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for supporting local business but the good will has to go both ways. A place like J&K or H&H, sure, I'll try to buy from them before Academy or Cabela's or Bud's. But that's because the J&K guy I met at a gun show a couple of months ago went out of his way to answer some pretty dumb questions (plus J&K makes a quality product) and because the H&H people always treat me like I'm something special when I go in there and are going to be there if I need them after the buy. Academy and Cabela's employ quite a few local people and they pay local taxes too, but the J&K guy and the peeps at H&H treat me nice, so they're gonna get my hard earned American dollars first, within reason. My good will doesn't stretch to a $100 premium on a $500 item, not by a long shot! ;)

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for supporting local business but the good will has to go both ways. A place like J&K or H&H, sure, I'll try to buy from them before Academy or Cabela's or Bud's. But that's because the J&K guy I met at a gun show a couple of months ago went out of his way to answer some pretty dumb questions (plus J&K makes a quality product) and because the H&H people always treat me like I'm something special when I go in there and are going to be there if I need them after the buy. Academy and Cabela's employ quite a few local people and they pay local taxes too, but the J&K guy and the peeps at H&H treat me nice, so they're gonna get my hard earned American dollars first, within reason. My good will doesn't stretch to a $100 premium on a $500 item, not by a long shot! ;)

I am no beginner. I know what I want, all the information needed is already in, I have no need for customer service of any kind, if an OSA guy can order the gun for me for a few bucks less, he'll get my business. I don't get impressed by the big shops unless they have impressive prices. Being big means they get better prices due to volume. They need to pass the discount to me, not charge me more for the privilege of buying at a big store.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will pay more to not give business to H&H or OAS. If I buy it online, then a local business is going to make some coin on the transfer. It's also nice to avoid paying taxes that help the Maps 3 crap in OKC. I shop outside OKC as much as possible.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should just go to gunworld first, then swing by h&h. That way you think their prices are a bargain for a retail store. I mean how can GW sell winchester WWB value pack 45 for $79.99 when you get it @ wallyworld for $35 otd?

Latest posts

Top Bottom