Hail damage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh...

...as long as hail doesn't break windshields, I don't worry about it. Most of my life, my/our vehicles have sat outside through all kinds of weather. What always torques me is when I'm driving down a road and people congregate under bridges and overpasses to the point that I can't keep on driving.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may not bother some people too much but it really drops the value of your vehicle when you have hail damage.I know a couple of car dealers that have fired the people that appraise the cars they buy, when they have missed even a small amount of hail damage.You can rack up 2 or 3000 dollars pretty fast with hail damage.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PastedGraphic-17.jpg

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in Faxon and didn't even get a drop of rain but some of my co-workers got thousands in dollars of auto/property damage. I guess I was in a protected little pocket.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a teams call this morning. Guy I work with walked out with his laptop had large marble size hail everywhere. I am guessing he is getting a new roof. We have Aluminum F-150s for work. Not sure what his truck looks like. My parents are between Sapulpa and Sand Springs had a new roof installed 2 weeks ago. I hope they didn't get hit.

My house off 101st in Tulsa had some pea size for a minute or so this morning. Nothing major.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The aluminum used in autos is actually fairly thick, so it's actually harder to dent than the steel with the same size hail. But aluminum has less elasticity and memory than auto steel (not HSS), and is more difficult to get back into place. Just ask about anyone who works on 'em with PDR (being in auto claims, this is a regular deal for me). It's not impossible (see this dude for example) but it definitively takes more massaging, heat, time and precision for the PDR technician to get it done.

3 trucks parked within eyesight of each other. 2014 RAM, 2016 F-150 and a 2019 Silverado. They all appear to have the same hail damage

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are 2 Dodge rams, 2 Ford F-150s and 2 Chevy silverados all pretty new within a block of me.From the street it looks like someone took a large ball peen hammer and beat them pretty good.I have to agree with tyromeo55, the damage looks pretty similar.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the news, they showed a car that had its back glass punched through and caved in by hail. The holes in the glass looked to be around tennis ball sized. They were talking about lots of big hail in Berryhill, but I don't if the car was there or in Tulsa.

They showed cell phone footage of hail pounding the water in a pool. It looked like it was getting shot with a machinegun...

Latest posts

Top Bottom