Hands Free Driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got something with adaptive cruise collision sensors and lane control. I took in on a 1300 mile trip last weekend. 2 8+hr trips only stopping to pee and refuel once each time.
I was very surprised to find it very useful and made for an even more pleasant trip.
It was well worth it
I like the intuitive cruise, the lane assist is annoying to me.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have that on my F-250 and love it. Let's me know when someone is in the blind spot and it's adjustable so I can detect someone 35' behind me which is perfect when pulling the RV down the road. Steering wheel wobbles when crossing the centerline or the side marker to alert the driver to get back to the center of the road.
Steering wheel wobbles? That would make me drop my hamburger, my coke, my eyeliner and the newspaper.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last time I looked at new trucks, the salesman asked, you're going to want that off road package aren't you? I said, since I've cut way way back on my drinking, I'm hoping I won't need that. Blank stare.
I had a hard time to stop laughing at that! :laugh6:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That commercial is annoying. The other thing I noticed is that they are demonstrating it on a deserted, arrow-straight road. Unless I'm tuning the patty cake out by the time they show it elsewhere.
The one I saw they have just passed a truck hands free. I call BS.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have that on my F-250 and love it. Let's me know when someone is in the blind spot and it's adjustable so I can detect someone 35' behind me which is perfect when pulling the RV down the road. Steering wheel wobbles when crossing the centerline or the side marker to alert the driver to get back to the center of the road.

Rental Ford suv 2 weeks ago wobbled me 3 or 4 times. I thought it was front end issue. Duh...

Our Ford Expedition also does the wobble, but ONLY if one is not using the turn signal. These dang things are getting too smart for me.

As for other features, I always turn off the feature that is called "adaptive braking" that engages when one gets close to the vehicle in front. That feature works when cruise control is engaged but not when it isn't.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have eaten Vietnamese food while steering with my knee and simultaneously taking a picture of the speedometer in my 1962 Chevy, as I traveled down the turnpike at 80mph with my youngest boy towards Chickasha.

These young folks need the vehicle to assist them with hands-free? Pffft....this generation is just pathetic.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one I saw they have just passed a truck hands free. I call BS.
Yeah, I saw a version of it this morning and they were on a bridge and there was another car. Maybe I've never noticed the first few seconds of the commercial. Then they cut to the desert and played patty cake which is only part I recall seeing before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom