Hands Free Driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't there a large award given in the 90s? Guy on i35 set cruise control on his new rv then went in the back to make coffee?
Resulting crash with injury blamed on manufacturer.
I do not remember more detail.
Always someone elses fault.🤷🏻‍♂️
That was an old joke that started in the '70s when cruise control first came out. Supposed to be a foreign driver who hardly spoke English, therefore not really understanding the principle of it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well with all the accidents on the highways and such, I just want to die like my grandfather did, in my sleep……….Not like the other three people he was driving to the airport.
That’s one of Emo Phillips’s two funny jokes.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
The other one:
I’ll never forget my grandfather’s last words: What truck?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the “hands free “ really takes over, we probably be required to have it. That way all vehicles will react predictably to the car’s “brain”.
Well, if you drive in Tulsa, you’re hoping that day is tomorrow. Or maybe this afternoon, ‘cause right now, ain’t no evidence of them being connected to any brains at all.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what's your experience when some a-hole flys by you, then jerks over in your lane and slams on the brakes to turn?
Does it stop or does the pucker factor greatly increase?

Latest posts

Top Bottom