Happy Easter!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy Easter y'all. :drunk2:

Attachments

• happy_everything.jpg
    happy_everything.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 55

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@TonyKane1. Google the Apostles creed. It is indeed used by many denominations The words that offend you do not refer to the Roman Catholic Church, but to the all encompassing universal church of all believers. I have heard this creed in Christian churches, even in Southern Baptist churches.

I was a bit put off by it the first time I heard it also.

But most important, Happy Easter to you.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@TonyKane1. Google the Apostles creed. It is indeed used by many denominations The words that offend you do not refer to the Roman Catholic Church, but to the all encompassing universal church of all believers. I have heard this creed in Christian churches, even in Southern Baptist churches.

The words don’t offend me. What does is the division in the Lords church. Christianity is being decimated because of it. I don’t care what churches use this so called creed. Doesn’t mean anything. The only thing that matters is what the Holy Bible says. And sadly 99.9% of so called “churches” aren’t biblical.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Again, I'm being picky, but the original post shows an image with the word "catholic" capitalized, thus to me, it implies the Catholic Church, not the "universal" church. Wikipedia shows the creed in Latin, Greek and English. While I can't read Latin or Greek, the English version does have "catholic" non-capitalized.

On the other hand, Christ established "His" church. His church is one that abides by His scriptures, not extra-biblical practices.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in the Christian Church, Disciples of Christ, and we would say this creed on a fairly regular basis. Half of our family was Catholic, and I asked why we would say that creed, and was told by our pastor that it was referring to the church universal. Then when I married and moved to the Baptist church, I was surprised when we would say that from time to time. But to me, the important part of it is the affirming statements of my beliefs and faith.

Latest posts

Top Bottom