Have things changed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did all my paper work today. You print the docs and fill them out. Take the Local Agency Report form to TPD in the Municipal Court Building at 6th and Denver. You will make 2 stops in there, 1 for a police records check and 1 for the court check. Nice folks there that point you in the right direction.

Then go to the Sheriff's office at 1st and Denver. They will finger print (scan) you and photograph you. The photo is $10.00 + the $25.00 processing fee. They will take a personal check if you are a resident of Tulsa. They send everything off to the OSBI.

yea had to do the same when i did my paperwork as well. what they told me at USSA for my class was as long as you are within city limits in your county you have to have the city municipal court sign a backround check to make sure you dont have any outstanding warrants. then take all that to the county sherrif office to send all paperwork, prints, etc. kinda redundant since osbi does all this but at least its free at least in Owasso dont know about others.:anyone:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The County has to do a local agency check as part of their processing of the application. So whatever county you are in has to check your records with the local police where you reside. This has always been a part of the process. Really all they are doing is checking for outstanding warrants in your municipality.

Does the applicant have to go the TPD and get the records check or does the SO do that?

B1rd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a friend from Broken Arrow turn in his paperwork last week. He said that if he lived in Tulsa he would have to go to the PD. Since he lived in BA, he did not have to go to the Tulsa or BA PD.

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:ooh2:
This all goes back to Kathy Taylor. When she was in office she got into a big dispute with the sheriff over the jail. She felt she did not have to pay for prisoners. Stanley however felt otherwise. She then blocked their access to the City's computer system that we call TRACIS. The county said alright and went out and got their own system. The city then gave the county a one time dump of information to assist them with getting started. So now the county has no way of knowing what warrants the TPD has without making an official request from the City.

She has gone along way to disband the trust between the city and county. Now Dewey steps and and wants to rebuild that relationship with the metro PD talks.

Rumors have surfaced that this was one of the reason that Chief Palmer was replaced with a representitve from the county as Police Chief.

This was another wrong step taken by the Mayor's office for public safety.

It's kind of comical that the politicains can't seem to get along, unfortunately at the expense of te people they work for. I would be willing to bet that if you talked to any of the street officers from either department, they have no problem "backing" each other, and working together. More than likely they couldn't care less what the "big dogs" are fighting about, and the only time they even form an opinion is when it makes their job more difficult. When you are out on the job, and you do need help, you tend to leave the politics at the office(where they belong). All of our jobs would be easier if it wasn't for the politicians. We had the same problem a few years ago, between the County Judge and the City Mayor in our county. When the officers from both departments started wondering what caused all the tension, they got together and found out that the problem was NOT w/us, it was w/them, we very quickly learned to work together to get around the problems that were being caused by the Judge & Mayor in spite of them doing everything that they could to make things difficult for one another by using us. Needless to say neither of them was re-elected.

p.s. If enough of you raise enough hell, you can get things changed(I'm sure it will be harder to do in OKC than in Conway County, Arkansas, due to the pop. difference.It takes a lot less people to get it done here.):chop:

Latest posts

Top Bottom