HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/article/3459027

NewsOK, published May 5, 2010

"Open carry-weapon bill draws Oklahoma House approval "
BY MICHAEL MCNUTT

Thank you for the link to the story. I emailed this to him but I don't expect any change in his attitude towards the people.

"For a public servant of the people to openly state that people they represent are "cowards" is insulting. Anyone on the public's payroll that has the inclination to demean people they are paid to represent has no place in our political system. I'm sure this email will fall on deaf ears; so be it. Sadly this is how out of touch politicians have become."

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Won't it take a 3/4 since there's an emergency clause? Just checking.

That may be true, I don't know. But they had 3/4's + when it passed so if that's all it takes I'd think it would be a done deal then. Seems to me the Govenor would sign it just to keep in the good graces of those who support the 2nd Amendment. As he says he supports it.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may be true, I don't know. But they had 3/4's + when it passed so if that's all it takes I'd think it would be a done deal then. Seems to me the Govenor would sign it just to keep in the good graces of those who support the 2nd Amendment. As he says he supports it.

My only concern is that there was less than a 3/4 majority when the Senate amendments passed. Even with a 74/24 vote we barely have a 3/4 majority. How many of those final, fourth-reading 'yays' do you think were in the name of political expediency? Just sayin'.

I just heard that the Firearms Freedom Act override didn't succeed. Henry's no fan of the 2A.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HB 2994 also had no emergency action clause. I don't remember if it has even been to veto over ride or not. I didn't follow it.

The 2 abortion bills were to take effect immediately on approval, i.e. they had an emergency action clause and thus the veto had to be over ridden by a 3/4 majority. I will remain silent on what I think of those in this discussion since it's not germaine to the subject at hand.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe I just heard a few minutes ago that the override attempt failed. It went without debate and Brogdon was quoted as promising additional attempts.

On Open Carry (both, really) I stand corrected; we only need a 2/3 then. Good.

Yeah, I know what you mean.:grumble:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thus no immediate effectiveness means even with a veto we can overide with 2/3 majority

Okay I couldn't remember the percentage.

Thanks, I was thinking 2/3's but as I said I wasn't sure.
I'm guessing they'll have a lot easier time hitting the 2/3 mark.
Kind of makes me think the governor will sign it then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom