HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't happen today. Just because it's on the calendar doesn't mean they'll get to it that day.

They don't have the Journal up yet, so can't see if it was discussed or not.

That's always been my understanding. In fact, I'm not positive that you can't do it in town. Might freak some neighbors out, and get the police called on you. But if you're not brandishing it, or shooting it, I'm not sure what can be done about it. As long as you stay on your own property.

Negative.

1929 OK CR 91, 275 P. 393, 42 Okl.Cr. 272, 03/16/1929, Pierce v State

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Page 274

The facts as disclosed by the evidence of the state are: That J.A. Hanley, Mr. Devenney, and Mr. Thoroughman had gone to the premises of the defendant for the purpose of searching for a still. The officers had a search warrant to search the premises of the defendant, and, upon their arrival at the premises of the defendant, the defendant came to the door and had a gun on his person, on his right side in the top of his pants, stuck down under his belt, extending inside of his trousers, about half of the gun being visible. That this was an automatic revolver, about a .38. That, during the time the officers were present on the premises of the defendant, the defendant came out in the yard with his gun, and made trips into the house and out into the yard at different times during the time the search was being made. At the time the officers were ready to leave, one of the officers took the gun off the person of the defendant. No effort was made by the defendant to use the gun, but he claimed that he had the gun because he had heard that he was liable to be robbed, and that he had some money about his premises, and that he purchased the gun and kept it for the purpose of protecting himself against any intruders who might attempt to rob him.

They weren't very good about using facts back then. And the attorneys weren't too smart either.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spooln-Rex
I'm also very curious to see how this turns out. granted i'll still stay concealed 99.9% of the time it will be nice to have the option. I'm sure though that if it does pass there will be some SHTF commandos running around with thigh holsters and the like.
OC vs CCW has been discussed endlessly on here with about a 50/50 split regarding which is best so it is very possible you may have just insulted not a few of them with your post. I personally know at least one guy who plans exactly what you've said.

The method one chooses to OC is irrelevant and as long as it is legal what does it matter how one chooses to do it? Ever wear one of those tactical thigh holsters? They're comfortable and provide very quick access. If the whole point of carry is to provide one with the tools to defend one's self then who are you to judge those who may choose to arm themselves in the most efficient way possible. Does that automatically make then SHTF commandos?

Maybe some will be swat team wannabees but even if that's true they'll all have been vetted by the city, county, state and feds as certified GOOD GUYS!

Wait...
What?

Ahhhhh...
It'll scare the sheep and give all those who have no clue why someone would choose to carry that way the idea we're all just a bunch of nut job, swat team wannabees. Yeah that's the ticket.

So while we're busy judging the SHTF commandos for their choice of holster let us all denigrate the guys who may choose a fancy engraved $150 pancake holster made of shark skin - I'm quite sure some will choose that route. Does that make 'em pretentious ******* gun snobs?

Let's not give the antis more ammo to use against us than they already have by providing them with evidence that some in the community hold others in low regard because of their legal choices re: RKBA

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OC vs CCW has been discussed endlessly on here with about a 50/50 split regarding which is best so it is very possible you may have just insulted not a few of them with your post. I personally know at least one guy who plans exactly what you've said.

The method one chooses to OC is irrelevant and as long as it is legal what does it matter how one chooses to do it? Ever wear one of those tactical thigh holsters? They're comfortable and provide very quick access. If the whole point of carry is to provide one with the tools to defend one's self then who are you to judge those who may choose to arm themselves in the most efficient way possible. Does that automatically make then SHTF commandos?

Maybe some will be swat team wannabees but even if that's true they'll all have been vetted by the city, county, state and feds as certified GOOD GUYS!

Wait...
What?

Ahhhhh...
It'll scare the sheep and give all those who have no clue why someone would choose to carry that way the idea we're all just a bunch of nut job, swat team wannabees. Yeah that's the ticket.

So while we're busy judging the SHTF commandos for their choice of holster let us all denigrate the guys who may choose a fancy engraved $150 pancake holster made of shark skin - I'm quite sure some will choose that route. Does that make 'em pretentious ******* gun snobs?

Let's not give the antis more ammo to use against us than they already have by providing them with evidence that some in the community hold others in low regard because of their legal choices re: RKBA

:thanku:

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably been noted in other discussions on this forum. None of the other states that allow open carry seem to have a lot of folks running about open.

Many states with OC laws are more than happy to slap some sort of public disturbance charge if you do go heeled in public. In the looser states... act an ass and youre bound to pay for it.

I'd like to ride my horse or ATV down my county road to the gate on the other side and be compliant with a SAA on my hip.

Going open... probably would not raise an eyebrow in Orlando... or Covington or any of the other little rural towns... but I'd never give up my tactical advantage in OKC, Lawton or Tulsa when I pass through those places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom