HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just called congressman Duncan's office. His secretary said it is possible that HB 3354 could be reconsidered by the legislature to override the governor's veto. I think she had to be careful what she said but it sounds like he is definitely going to try to get the override going. She said that we really need to be contacting our senators because the senate is going to be the harder part getting enough of them to vote to override the veto.

So, let's all start bugging our senators until they give us their clear answer on how they will vote if there is an override and don't even stop there. This is our last hope for a while.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no hard and fast scripture reference, but as a Christian, we believe that governments are put in place by God. . .and that God holds certain rights for himself. The Declaration of Independence mentions this, saying we are endowed by our Creator certain unalienable (or God given, or Natural) rights. God set the government in place, but said "you can't do some things". . .like keep people from Life, Liberty, or the Pursuit of Happiness.

Saying a right is "God given" isn't so much bringing religion into play as saying "hey, these rights were here before the government."

That's my simple explanation. The issue is amazingly complex, and there are no shortage of people who will argue any number of the points I made. . .but from one Christian to another, that's how I see it.

This was the intent at which I first brought this up.... god given as meant as there are some things that our forefathers recognized as inherit rights given to man at birth... that no government has the right to take away or that no government has the right to give....are natural or god given.... are all of the freedoms afforded to us by the bill of rights these rights are understood that everyone being created equal have the right to free speech, freedom of religion of their choice, defend themselves, to be secure in the person and dwellings..... etc....

There is no actual scripture that I know of except of where Christ talks of to buy a man a sword, which would have been the greatest equalizer of his day.... the greatest equalizer that was available to our founding fathers was the firearm.... but if you ever truly read the second amendment is speaks of the right to keep and bear arms, not just firearms.... arms is literally defined as any weapon.... so the second amendment read literally means the ability of anyone to carry any weapon in which to use in their defense....

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back yet? whats the story on this, got a chance to be unvetoed or is it dead?

See my post above. It could depend on how much pressure we put on our Senators if Duncan can get it ran through for an override. The House should approve an override but we still need to be on them too. It is possible the Senate may be willing to let it die now that they are on record as having voted for it so we have to remain vocal.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok.....hot off the PRESS...................It will be reheard this week, most likly tomorrow, and yes there is sufficient votes to override the veto,

now that is straight from the Big HOuse, my senators office:ou1

He's a republican if I might add..................

fAlGore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok.....hot off the PRESS...................It will be reheard this week, most likly tomorrow, and yes there is sufficient votes to override the veto,

I'm sure it will get voted on. I'm less confident of the outcome of the vote.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well let's let our senators know how we feel guys and gals. :chop:

ERPA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you're correct. I called both of mine this morning and emailed. My senators seceratry knew excatly what I was talking about said there was going to be on override vote.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard from colby schwartz office and they said it is scheduled to be re head and voted on tomorrow as well.... they said they are confident they can get an over ride....

big money, big money, no whammies!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom