HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I did email both of my representatives on Sunday using the nice letter found in this thread. Much to my surprise I received emails the next day (Monday). I have quoted both of them. One seems more thought out and hopefully shows some hope for an overturn of the veto. The other is kind of half-hearted attempt at trying to appease people. Nonetheless, they both know where I stand on the issue and hopefully others in my district are doing the same.

Sent by Sen. Ron Justice:
Jxxxd
Thanks for you e-mail. I do not know what we will be able to do at this time but we will do our best. Thanks for your support. Ron

Sent by Colby Schwartz:
Mr. Txxxxxxn,
Thank you for taking the time to contact my office and share your views on HB3354. I greatly appreciate your input and willingness to e-mail me with feedback. Especially with an issue as important as our right to bear arms, it is essential to be aware of where the people stand. It is only with this type of open communication that I am able to determine what issues are important to the citizens I serve.

I voted in support of this issue when it was brought to a vote in the House of Representatives on May 4th 2010, and I will support the vote to over-ride the Governor’s veto.

Once again, thank you for making your voice heard.

Sincerely,

Colby Schwartz
State Representatives
House District 43
Yukon/Mustang

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why can a spit on your house from mine, but we have different reps?

I don't live too far from Dustin either and I have a different rep although mine said he covered Yukon and Mustang. Interesting how things are divided. I live in Yukon, got OKC utilities, and Mustang schools. Guess my house is an illegitimate child of a threesome!!!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live too far from Dustin either and I have a different rep although mine said he covered Yukon and Mustang. Interesting how things are divided. I live in Yukon, got OKC utilities, and Mustang schools. Guess my house is an illegitimate child of a threesome!!!

Yeah, your up the road from me. I am literally across 92 from Dustin. With the proper elevation (or a round that could pass through several houses), I could shoot at his house with a handgun.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

O/T: That area is a mess. My cousin and his wife used to live in that kind of area. Yukon schools, OKC utilities, Mustang address.

jjtrish

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I did email both of my representatives on Sunday using the nice letter found in this thread. Much to my surprise I received emails the next day (Monday). I have quoted both of them. One seems more thought out and hopefully shows some hope for an overturn of the veto. The other is kind of half-hearted attempt at trying to appease people. Nonetheless, they both know where I stand on the issue and hopefully others in my district are doing the same.

That is the exact response I got, Not sure about this Ron character.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a copy of the letter I sent to both my rep and senator....
It got responses from both of them...

State Representative Schwartz,

It is with great despair that I write you this letter. I am very proud of you for personally standing up for mine and my families constitutional rights to Open Carry a firearm. But unfortunately our governor has seen fit to recognize that even with over whelming support that this bill was not of his personal liking.

I would please appreciate it if you would consider voting yes again on this bill so that we may over ride the governors veto. My family and I will in turn remember you the next time we are voting during elections.

Thank you again for tirelessly representing my family and myself.

Humbly,
my name here
registered voter
43rd district

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
O/T: That area is a mess. My cousin and his wife used to live in that kind of area. Yukon schools, OKC utilities, Mustang address.

I live east of all you fellas...behind lake overholser.. OKC address, Canadian county, Yukon schools, okc utilities....

Representative: Colby Schwartz
senator: Mike Johnson

Latest posts

Top Bottom