HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A direct quote from Randy Brogdon at tonight's town hall meeting in Edmond, "That Bill(HB3354) failed because of a lack of leadership in this State!"

We need to stand behind this man and get him elected!

No doubt!!! These few stragglers wouldn't matter anyway if the bill had just been SIGNED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually sent some emails and a CV to some recruiters in Texas.

Very very disappointed in our legislators today. :(

Would this not be cutting off your nose to spite your face since TX does not have OC either and, to my knowledge, has not even had a legislative proposal on OC?

if this is the list, anyone know which of these live in more conservative districts?
Dems living in more conservative districts will be easier to replace. Perhaps the ones who were excused from voting are the ones easiest to replace?

thanks and let's not forget this and what happened here.

Money talks, and often a few thousand dollars can decide local races.
We all need to contribute what we can.
$30 X 1000 contributors can make someone win.

Let's not forget!

Of those on the list, Hilliard is the only one I know and that is through his previous employment at the technology center in Ardmore. I have encountered him a few times at the Legislature but have never interacted with him about 2A issues. I believe he is approachable and will talk with about anyone but politics is the family business (he replaced a family member in this seat that was term limited). I don't know when I might see him again but intend to ask him about missing a vote about gun rights even if he is not my area legislator.

You are also very correct about the amount of money necessary to have significant influence in legislative races.

Anaconda40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be knocking doors for David Derby in Owasso on Saturday. Some knucklehead thinks he can do a better job than him but can't articulate why. So now the Republican Party will be spending $$ to keep David in office even though he would be uncontested in the Nov election.

That said, we still need to remind the Republicans that they didn't do themselves any favors during the Bush years. David knows I'm only a Republican because they are the closest thing to the Tea Party. ;-) Let's keep them on their toes.

I work Saturdays and can't help, but after session is out, I'll be knocking on doors for David in the evenings. I don't agree 100% with Derby or any other politician I've ever met. But the dude has been 100% for all 2A issues, he's never lied to me and he answers my freaking emails.

My opinion (and soapbox):

if you are po'd about the Open Carry, Firearm Freedom Act and other 2A issues, then you should-
-research the how the candidates in your area voted
-volunteer to go door to door
-donate money to their campaign even if it's only $25

I used to believe that to make a difference, you had to vote. As I've gotten older (and hopefully wiser), I now believe that voting isn't enough. You've got to pitch in. My two cents.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would this not be cutting off your nose to spite your face since TX does not have OC either and, to my knowledge, has not even had a legislative proposal on OC?

It is my understanding(from my TX family members) that TX was waiting to see what happened here before working on an OC bill. We could have been leaders in this, but alas, we failed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom