HB2522: Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No matter the outcome remember these f#$ks when you vote!!! Don't be afraid to call them and let them know how you feel and how you will vote. The Government is no longer afraid of the people. Maynr because they are arrogant or maybe because we as a society have become complacent and apathetic?? All I ask is that they vote so that way we know how they voted and them we can vote accordinly.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Sen. Wilson high? I mean, seriously--has anybody read the text of his amendment to HB 2522? Let me fill you in:

Take whatever position you want on abortion--seriously, I'm not getting into that here--but does he seriously mean to hold a fetus criminally responsible for the death of its mother if she can't abort?

Well... the amendment is dated 4/20....

What a dipshit. No better way to kill a bill than to throw in something completely unrelated, especially if that thing has to do with abortion.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading through the latest engrossed version that was sent to the house. I do see the OC on private property clause, the ammunition in locked vehicle, and notification changes. I also see "unconcealed handguns is defined as..." and the changes to the references to the SDA license, striking "concealed" and replacing simply with "handgun license".

Further down, it sure looks like OC on your card is back in play, at least in this version of the bill!!! (which, interestingly, looks almost exactly like it did when it left the House several weeks ago and before Sen. Russel molested it.)

SO hold your breath, cross your fingers, turn around 3 times....you know the drill.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe there was a motion during the proceeding to substitute the old language as the bill and insert the amendments discussed above. It all went down about 4:50 yesterday evening.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the current open carry language from the version of the bill labeled "Ammended and engrossed" and dated 4-25-12:

"SECTION . * * AMENDATORY * * 21 O.S. 2011, Section 1290.5, is amended to read as follows:
Section 1290.5 *
TERM OF LICENSE AND RENEWAL
A. *A handgun license when issued shall authorize the person to whom the license is issued to carry a loaded or unloaded handgun, concealed or unconcealed, as authorized by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, and any future modifications thereto. *The license shall be valid in this state for a period of five (5) or ten (10) years, unless subsequently surrendered, suspended or revoked as provided by law. *The person shall have no authority to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed handgun in this state pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act when a license is expired or when a license has been voluntarily surrendered or suspended or revoked for any reason."

It also has a section allowing open carry, unlicensed, on your property. And includes language prohibiting cities from charging open carriers with Disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace in an attemp at a de-facto ban.

Latest posts

Top Bottom