HB2522: Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the subject first came up for me about a year ago, I never thought I'd want to do it personally, but I thought we should be allowed. And I really liked the idea of being covered in case of accidental exposure.

But the more I think about it, the more I feel I'm likely to do it on occasion if it passes, if only to help raise awareness and show that people with guns can behave themselves.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any updates on the legislation?

The most current status is as follows:

HB2522 passed out of the senate public safety committee with a stricken title. Waiting for some amendments, to add back some text from the engrossed HB2522 before being heard on the senate floor.

SB1733 passed out of the house public safety committee and will be able to be heard on the house floor next week. That doesn't mean it will, but it is eligible to.

Since both bills were amended, once they pass the vote of the full chamber, they will have to go back to the opposite full chamber for approval of the amendments. Then it is to the governors desk.

If a conference committee is request to bring these 2 bills together, than after they are reconciled, the new bill will go to both full chambers and if it passes both it will then go to the governors desk.

Your state legislature does not work on Fridays.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More like hoorayebay... who was also rabidly against open carry.

Arghhhh! beat me to it! But yes reading that I felt this strange connection, like I had experienced this poster before. And then I realized it must be one of Hoorayebye's alts

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saying they don't work on Fridays is not entirely accurate. Many of them have very long drives to get from home to the Capitol and back. Most of them work from their home district offices on Friday. I saw Sen Barrington at a Vietnam Veterans Rally in Lawton last Friday. When the legislature is in session, the out of town guys have to stay in an apartment here in OKC from Monday night until Thursday. They get paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $35K per year. I think that being able to sleep in your own bed 3 nights a week is fair for no more than they get paid. Consider that these guys are mostly business professionals, doctors, lawyers, with lots of education and life experience...at least some of them...

Not trying to be a fanboy or anything, but fair is fair.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saying they don't work on Fridays is not entirely accurate. Many of them have very long drives to get from home to the Capitol and back. Most of them work from their home district offices on Friday. I saw Sen Barrington at a Vietnam Veterans Rally in Lawton last Friday. When the legislature is in session, the out of town guys have to stay in an apartment here in OKC from Monday night until Thursday. They get paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $35K per year. I think that being able to sleep in your own bed 3 nights a week is fair for no more than they get paid. Consider that these guys are mostly business professionals, doctors, lawyers, with lots of education and life experience...at least some of them...

Not trying to be a fanboy or anything, but fair is fair.

So I should say they are not in session on Fridays. And you are correct, many of them do "work" on the weekends in their districts. Meeting constituents and the like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom