Heads up gasoline users............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Father-in-law thought his injectors went bad on his VW diesel a few years ago..
MPG was in the upper 40's to low 50's then all of the sudden it was 28MPG...
Was diagnosed to be the new low sulfur fuel..
So how is that like taking 33 million cars off the road..EPA is full of idiots.
It's all about lining someone's wallet...Nothing to do with air quality...
His car was one of the 33 million.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JCW355 that is a fact. because he sold it and who knows what happened to it.

Funny thing is i built a 1984 ford full size E150 (6000lbs empty) 302" .030" over bore with keith black flat tops
ported smogger heads I also ported the intake and ex manifolds..2 barrel intake ..no vacuum advance I recurved the distributor, for a quick timing curve...over drive automatic that i never used the OD .
260H comp cam.

350 gears 17.6 MPG 14 pulling heavy trailers....AC on...Now that is a 2 barrel carb from motorcraft..tweaked of course..
But new trucks are hard pressed to match that...remove the OD and good luck...

Not impressed with the new stuff.
I wish i had some small chamber heads for that old van ..like 289 heads...I would bet 2 more MPG from the compression increase.
Oh well!

Oh yea..i lifted it 4" higher than stock.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And we're off only 17 posts in! ***sigh

It's not worth debating, facts don't matter.

What some people don't understand, without these energy companies, we would be living in the dark ages.

Energy (oil and more now natural gas) are the only things fueling the economy.

Energy companies are primarily why there is a several point delta between the California unemployment rate and the Oklahoma unemployment rate.

The people running energy companies are a lot smarter and have better intentions for the country, than the people running this country!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not worth debating, facts don't matter.

What some people don't understand, without these energy companies, we would be living in the dark ages.

Energy (oil and more now natural gas) are the only things fueling the economy.

Energy companies are primarily why there is a several point delta between the California unemployment rate and the Oklahoma unemployment rate.

The people running energy companies are a lot smarter and have better intentions for the country, than the people running this country!

You are probably right. It just boggles my mind that some people get up in the morning and hit that light switch and think that the electricity is "just there" kind of like the sun coming up every morning. They seem to put no thought what-so-ever into what it takes to make sure that it is there.

I found that article I mentioned. The reason the author is thinking that gas will hit $5 is......

Wait for it.....

Ethanol!

The problem is the cost of RINs have gone from just pennies a gallon to more than $1 per gallon. And according to analysts at Barclays, this could cost refiners $7 billion this year alone.

According to Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE: VLO), refiners have only three options to counter short-term spikes in RINs:

* Increase gasoline exports to countries that do not have added RIN costs;
* Decrease the amount of gasoline refined; and/or
* Shift costs to consumers.

Valero claims that a combination of all three is likely to happen.
But what really makes this sting is that such efforts will be undertaken during the summer driving season, when gas prices historically head north. And that has some analysts now calling for $5.00 gas by July.

Linky

But yeah, those oil companies are just sticking it to us man!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom