Heads up to Lee customers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had any trouble with Lee products till this weekend. For our anniversary, the wife bought me a new Pro 1000 set up for .45 ACP (not the first Pro 1000 I own). In the process of setting it up, I couldn't get the powder-through-expanding die to lift the powder measure high enough to fully slide the disc to the right place and it would not expand the case mouth enough to keep from shaving lead off of bullets as they were seated. Please note I do not like to expand them much.....just barely enough not shave lead as they seat.

Odd.

So I pulled the expanding plug out of another .45 ACP powder-through expanding die I had on hand and sure enough.....the plug is the wrong one in the new set....even though the die body says .45 ACP. It is too short and the diameter is too small. Dropped the plug in from the old die and voila....success.

Calling Lee in a few minutes.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They did have a small batch of the powder through expander dies get through QC with the wrong plug. Correct plug on the way at no charge.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Dillon, I've never had any trouble with Lee and their customer service, even when I broke it and it was my fault.

They did have a small batch of the powder through expander dies get through QC with the wrong plug. Correct plug on the way at no charge.

+1...I dropped something on my scale and it broke the beam. I sent it back to Lee and they replaced it for me at no cost.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good for you. I have always had good customer service from Lee. They even offered to replace parts at no charge when it was my ignorance that broke them.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with Lee products or their customer service. As a matter of fact they are sending me a new expander plug for my 9mm powder through die. My old one had started rolling a small secton of the case mouth. Sent an email and pic, and they sent me an email back within several hours.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've dealt with Lee, RCBS, and Hornady with dies issues and to date I've never had to pay for anything! RCBS sent me pretty much a rebuild kit for my Rockchucker cause well I load too many rounds :-) I've tried to pay them since 90% of the issue was my fault but none of them would take payment, too bad there are not others out there with that kind of customer service.

Glad all worked out. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom