"Health & Wellness"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I signed up for that this year, but I don't think I'm going to make it. My longer rides right now are 50ish and there is zero chance I could call that the half way point. Maybe next year.
My long rides lately are in the 50-60 mile range, which is why I'm only doing the metric century (100km) this year. I rode a century during BAK, but I kinda limped in after the 70 mile mark, so I'm not up for the full 100 miles in Wichita Falls. Just not enough base miles.

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over 4700 cycling miles for the year.
i've really cut back to about 100 miles a week.
been busy. Keep it up everyone
Good going! I'm just over 3600 for the year. I've been averaging around 100 miles a week most of the season and hope to continue doing so as the weather gets cooler and the days get shorter.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really have too much going on.
I've only been getting between 30 and 50 miles/week for last few weeks.
but I have started running 3-6 miles/week.
just not much time right now.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
41 miles yesterday puts me over 4000 for the year. Cooler weather makes riding in the velomobile much more comfortable. It was 43 degrees this morning, and I left wearing a t-shirt and shorts. It was chilly in the beginning, but I warmed up quickly and was quite comfortable for the balance of the ride.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
41 miles yesterday puts me over 4000 for the year. Cooler weather makes riding in the velomobile much more comfortable. It was 43 degrees this morning, and I left wearing a t-shirt and shorts. It was chilly in the beginning, but I warmed up quickly and was quite comfortable for the balance of the ride.
Did you do Wichita falls? How was it?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you do Wichita falls? How was it?
I did finish the 100k route. I had a lousy ride based mainly on poor preparation and poor planning on my part. I had leg cramps after the first 21-22 miles and struggled over the next 10-15 miles of chip-n-seal heaven that are so much fun (heavy sarcasm) in a velomobile. I did ride better on the smoother roads over the last 25 miles or so, but overall it wasn't very enjoyable (maybe I'm jaded after 21 years of doing Hotter-N-Hell, but I doubt I'll go back again).

Latest posts

Top Bottom