"Health & Wellness"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got on my mountain bike (Specalized Stumpjumper) for the first time in about 4-5 years tonight after servicing the been flat-for-years tubeless tires. Was super pleased I got them to take and hold air. Rode just 3 miles with my 13-year-old to squeeze the latex into any pinholes. Need to make riding (and servicing the bike) a habit.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got through doing 15.1 around France (on the trainer lol), in honor of the Tour.
I've watched 2 stages, 14 & 15.
it is absolutely unfathomable for me the amount of strength and stamina those riders have.
i'm at 195 for the week plus the ride (18 miles) home tonight.
took 2 days off this week!
at 3760 miles for the year

keep it up everyone! Walk, ride, workout!
Just keep active!

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did 20.2 around the lake on the 17th, hot! Then the trainer on the 20th and 22nd for a total of 32.2 then Monday did a road ride with some of our usual gravel riders 21.5 miles @ 114 heat index and last night the weekly gravel ride, HOT and DUSTY! 102 degrees actual and 117 heat index when we started out with 16 riders, largest group since I've been riding with them. Using my Kestrel to check the heat and index so figure it's pretty accurate.
26-Jul-23.jpg

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not getting much in this week. Gonna be a low miles week I bet.
24 miles so far and have had 4 flats since Sundays ride.
2 flats monday morning and another on my only ride this week.
then a new tube wouldn't hold air!:hithead::nutkick:it has a pin hole near the valve stem

I have 2 personal jobs that I've been working in the mornings before I go to "work" in the evenings. And it's hot and I'm just worn out.
Up before 7 and in bed about midnight

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
121 miles last week. Three weeks left until the Hotter-n-Hell 100. I hope to do a quick 100K there in the velo.
I signed up for that this year, but I don't think I'm going to make it. My longer rides right now are 50ish and there is zero chance I could call that the half way point. Maybe next year.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to motivate others as well as keep myself accountable.

let's start this off by posting regular updates of your workouts.

it may motivate others or yourself whatever it maybe, walking, running, cycling, hiking, rucking, ellyptical, stationary bike, treadmill, rowing, weight lifting, calisthenics, roller skating, etc
BE ACTIVE

my goal for the year is 6000 miles on the road bike With Some calisthenics, little bit of running mixed in. Goal is min 1hr/day

my ride for 3/20/2023
5.4 mile run yesterday at about a 10 min mile pace. Id usually hit 7-7.5 but the heal got me and I had to stop. No cramps, no pain, just got energy depleted. Working through 200 pushups and 100-150 sit ups today before going to bed. Glad this thread was made!

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At 48 years old I was 5'8" and weighed 320 lbs. I had been overweight for at least 35 of those years. Last July I had gastric sleeve surgery to reduce the size of my stomach, restrict my food intake and get my weight under control. It wasn't my preferred way to lose weight, but I knew that after all of these years and all of my attempts to lose weight, I had to take drastic measures. Some people say it's the easy way out and I'm fine with them thinking that. I'm here to tell you that there is nothing easy about it, but it is the only effective way I've found to lose the weight I need to lose.
Since July I have lost 90 pounds. I still have at least 30 pounds to lose (preferably closer to 50 lbs). But even if I don't meet either of those goals, I'm in far better health than I was this time last year and I'm much more likely to live to a ripe old age.

I've recently started going to the gym because with the drastic weight loss and even more static change in caloric intake, I've lost a lot of muscle and strength. Currently my workout routine is pretty embarrassing, but that just means I can only go up from here.
Months of conditioning and fundamental muscle building makes that first week of a strength training program hurt a lot less. Same with running, hiking, rucking, whatever. I used to go 100% no matter what, then I learned “hey thats stupid”

Latest posts

Top Bottom