Hearing Aids, Who has them, and What do you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taaz67

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had Resound that offered the better sound quality but they stayed in the shop. They were CIC and all CIC's have a high rate of repair. I then went to a Phonak cic and the sound and durability was awesome very seldom had repairs. I just tried the Starkey Halo and really want to like this hearing aid. It was comfortable, very discreet and programmable from the iPhone but I could not get the sound quality I needed. I now have the Phonak Areo and it has great sound but no programming and does not help with the phone. I'm running battery 312 and get about 3 days from one. Thinking about going back to phonak cic if I can gain power over the old set I have .

single

Marksman
Reaction score
I have Sonic Flip 100 (miniRIC) and actually like them. I've had them about 2 years now. I got them from Hearing Life over by Bass Pro in Tulsa. Batteries (size 13) last about 10 days wearing them 15 hrs/day. I also got the TV box so I could watch television again. I'd stopped watching about 2 years ago because of the background noise made it impossible for me to distinguish the dialog. The dogs didn't like my volume settings either. They pair to my tv, phone and computer through a neck piece that looks like one of those 'help, I've fallen and I can't get up' dongles. They have really improved my daily communication but I still have problems in crowded rooms with background noise.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI, I got my Starkey Halo's through the VA, but I had to specifically ask for the Halo's. They initially sent me just a standard hearing aid. When I asked about the ability to bluetooth to my phone the Audiologist offered to return them and order me the higher end model. She said they do that because most of the vets who get hearing aids are older and don't want the extra technology to deal with.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my Starkey Halo 2's yesterday. My first hearing aids.
I can already tell they are going to have a big impact on my life.
Music sounds right again.
Conversations are so much easier - I had noticed I cock my head to the left to hear but I don't have to anymore.
And when I remove them I know what I have been missing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bluetooth pandora and your phone calls through them too. I download movies to my phone via Netflix and play them back either on the phone or on the tv. The movie is on the 60" but the sound is in the aids so it's more easily heard and understood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom