Heat Guns! Watchu Got?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, on one of the threads about the cold a lot of you talk about heat guns. I had no freeze up problems this past week but that may be due to preparing correctly or luck or a mix of both. However, living out in the country it's always good to be prepared for any situation plus I like tools. I don't have a heat gun. What do you all use for heat guns? I see on amazon and wide price variation from a lot of chicom guns at $20-$30 and then some well known tool mfgs that prices start at $135+. Do i really need to spend the bigger $$$$ for the name brand. THe cheapest I see that has some name recognition is a Wagner (paint sprayer guys) at about $30. Looking hard at the makita at $135. It's good to have and may get used a couple times a year for various project, so what to do/buy?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a cheap one and it died after about an hour of use and can't remember the brand.

I used it to soften the glazing in house windows to remove the panes and then break down the frame so I could install new windows.
After it died I used my propane torch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom