Heavy when Full

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have had a lot of bullets cast and powder coated and sized just sitting in containers.
I say a lot probably 800 or so for 45acp.

I have much more primed and sized cases in containers.

Figured I would fill up a recently purchased ammo can with 45's
Man those will be heavy when full.

I have 1 30 cal can 3/4 of the way there and my 2 year old grandson was helping.

And grandma thought he needed a nap.
I keep him up and busy/entertained and he is just fine.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only transport mine in the winter time when they are calling for bad road conditions use them for added weight in the back of the truck but i move them with a dolly from storage to the truck it just getting them in and out of the truck that is rough.

Archangel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use the thinner 30 cal cans, it makes for less of an individual load when transporting them.
I use the 50 cal cans for the ammo purchased that is still boxed and the fat 50 for my shotgun shells.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually buy the plastic 30 cal ammo cans when Atwoods or whoever runs them cheap, and use them for storage of pistol/AR ammo. Have a few of the 50/100 round ammo boxes for each caliber that make the shooting trips usually and then refill from ammo cans as needed. I tried "halving" one tonight after loading some 38 specials today, his and hers style...
20220109_211309.jpg

Archangel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I. Never bothered with the plastic ammo cans as they are not water tight, the plastic flexes/bends under a load, and it breaks if it's either too heavy or dropped when heavy, and freezing cold weather just makes it worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom