Helical Spring lockwashers- have you ever used them? I bet you have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dead, buried and forgotten.
yeah, well covid sent the 'science coopting" into overdrive by the left. Science is dead.

here's one escaping ...

<iframe src="Facebook" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps they are meant to be used with a flange head bolt that has grooves. So when the bolt loosens the rotation is stopped preventing complete loss.
The ones I’ve seen must have the torque spec too high for the application then, as they stay flat when I’ve loosened them.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had an informational session with Fastenal about fasteners. Dry torque sucks and isn't repeatable and lock washers don't work aside from a few expensive options (Nord-Lock). Also, most people don't understand bolt grades and some folks still believe Grade 8 is more brittle than Grade 5.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had an informational session with Fastenal about fasteners. Dry torque sucks and isn't repeatable and lock washers don't work aside from a few expensive options (Nord-Lock). Also, most people don't understand bolt grades and some folks still believe Grade 8 is more brittle than Grade 5.
I still claim I sheered a grade 5 bolt with a stubby wrench on my Jeep and it wasn’t a flawed bolt. (There is absolutely no way I was remotely close to what should have been the sheer point )

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grade 8 is a stronger bolt making it less brittle

Latest posts

Top Bottom