Nurseries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am looking for nurseries, local or mail order. Specifically I am looking for locally adapted varieties for fruit trees/vines/bushes and nitrogen fixers. I did order stock from Willis Orchards our of GA (zone 7) last year and everything has been solid, aside from a hot weather variety of raspberry, but I chalk that up to it was a bad year to start Fruit Trees For Sale | Buy Fruit & Landscaping Trees | Willis Orchards
Got Southern blueberries, Muscadine, American plum, chicasaw plum..

I am use to being quite spoiled with restoring eden
https://restoringeden.co/
Burnt ridge Burnt Ridge Nursery & Orchards | Fruit Trees, Nut Trees, Berries for Sale | Buy Plants Online

Raintree Order Fruit Trees Online | Mail Order Nursery - Raintree Nursery

All in spitting distance, plus multiple local nurseries, my neighborhood one consistently won the state flower and garden show. So far I have been pretty underwhelmed by TLC, though it is a nice professional operation I am Just not.too interested in their product line.

Anyway I am hoping to share resources and recommendations.
R (27).jpeg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of our seeds have been bought from online suppliers. Generally trees are snagged from atwoods or tsc. On many occasions I've purchased from individuals on etsy or Ebay. One receives flack over that if said on the fig forum. To date it's all been to my satisfaction .

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of our seeds have been bought from online suppliers. Generally trees are snagged from atwoods or tsc. On many occasions I've purchased from individuals on etsy or Ebay. One receives flack over that if said on the fig forum. To date it's all been to my satisfaction .
Box stores can be hit or miss, the Lowes here has local stock. I got a nice Red haven peach, but had to knock the soil off it and root prune. I wish I would have saved the nursery it was OK or KS. Sometimes they bring in things acclimated.to other climates that just won't grow. Also I am looking for some more exotic varieties. I think I am gonna have to order a (spencers) Hollywood plum. Good fruit, great ornamental. Pink flowers, purple leaves, magenta fruit
IMG_20180624_113340.jpg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Box stores can be hit or miss, the Lowes here has local stock. I got a nice Red haven peach, but had to knock the soil off it and root prune. I wish I would have saved the nursery it was OK or KS. Sometimes they bring in things acclimated.to other climates that just won't grow. Also I am looking for some more exotic varieties. I think I am gonna have to order a (spencers) Hollywood plum. Good fruit, great ornamental. Pink flowers, purple leaves, magenta fruit
View attachment 339480
Are you by chance an exotic dancer 😁🤣 ??

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We buy from roadside stands.
My apricot, plum, peach, pear, cherry and apple trees were grown from these seeds.

I keep 5 gal buckets of potting soil along drip edge of carport. The fruit is marked on bucket. Whatever I eat, the core/seed is dropped the bucket. When the tree is about 2', I transplant or give away.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am looking for nurseries, local or mail order. Specifically I am looking for locally adapted varieties for fruit trees/vines/bushes and nitrogen fixers. I did order stock from Willis Orchards our of GA (zone 7) last year and everything has been solid, aside from a hot weather variety of raspberry, but I chalk that up to it was a bad year to start Fruit Trees For Sale | Buy Fruit & Landscaping Trees | Willis Orchards
Got Southern blueberries, Muscadine, American plum, chicasaw plum..

I am use to being quite spoiled with restoring eden
https://restoringeden.co/
Burnt ridge Burnt Ridge Nursery & Orchards | Fruit Trees, Nut Trees, Berries for Sale | Buy Plants Online

Raintree Order Fruit Trees Online | Mail Order Nursery - Raintree Nursery

All in spitting distance, plus multiple local nurseries, my neighborhood one consistently won the state flower and garden show. So far I have been pretty underwhelmed by TLC, though it is a nice professional operation I am Just not.too interested in their product line.

Anyway I am hoping to share resources and recommendations.View attachment 339363

My apricot, plum, peach, pear, cherry and apple trees were grown from these seeds.

I keep 5 gal buckets of potting soil along drip edge of carport. The fruit is marked on bucket. Whatever I eat, the core/seed is dropped the bucket. When the tree is about 2', I transplant or give away.
Had good luck with pecan trees from Womack Nursery in Texas.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

cool! I had a few apple trees from.seed at my old place, takes a long time to bear fruit so I never got any. If you get a seedling variety that checks the boxes of vigot, flavor, transport and storage you could be a millionaire.

On the cherries, are they sour pie cherries or sweet cherries. I have read the latter don't grow in OK, but that doesn't mean it is true. I had an esp allied with 4 varieties times in sequence at my old place. Esp all I wrong a cherry is a PITA, but you learn technique fast.

Also.apricots, any issues with losing bloom due to freeze? I put in a fall bearing to try and alleviate this. Before I was too close to the coast and lost them to salt air.
IMG_20180623_162218_hdr.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom