Help... Bullet stuck in Barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
??freezing the barrel would reduce the size of the barrel and make it harder to extract the bullet. I don't think its necessary, but if one wanted to, you could use a hair dryer on the barrel to make the bore expand that would allow the bullet to come out a little easier, but it won't make a difference either way as I've hunted in sub zero weather, and 100 degree weather. The bullet always goes out the other end...Except for the time I got the FTF.:D

I'm no chemist, but if the bullet is more thermally resonsive than the barrel, it could make sense to freeze the thing. The bullet would shrink more than the barrel, creating a looser fit.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with more details.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no no no, you're all wrong. first you need to freeze the barrel, then you need to take a heat gun to the outside of the barrel, then you need to quickly put your gun back together and fire another round which will dislodge the first bullet and add 600fps to the second. Problem Solved!

This is only a joke do not do any of these things. If you do please let me know how it turns out.

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to derail this thread, but I've recently had bad day dreams about being in a rapid fire scenario and having a bullet get stuck in the barrel followed by a properly fired round, which sounds like an ideal recipe for a kaboom. If a round does not have the power to fire the bullet out of the barrel, will it tend to not cycle the next round as well?

Latest posts

Top Bottom