Help finding a .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My boss is looking to purchase a .22 for his son for Christmas. His son is left handed and wants a semi auto. Any suggestions? I've read that 10/22's eject at an angle that allows for left handed shooters. Any truth to that? I think he would prefer something designed specifically for lefties though. It would be nice to be able to help the boss out! :thumb:

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every rifle I've owned has been right handed. I've never had a problem being hit by brass. Really you can't go wrong with the ruger, if he want's something more modern you could look into 15-22's or modify the 10/22, lord knows there is a boatload of parts for them. I figure if a left handed shooter in the military uses a righty then so can I.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every rifle I've owned has been right handed. I've never had a problem being hit by brass. Really you can't go wrong with the ruger, if he want's something more modern you could look into 15-22's or modify the 10/22, lord knows there is a boatload of parts for them. I figure if a left handed shooter in the military uses a righty then so can I.

We had big problems with M16A1's throwing brass down the shirts of left-handed shooters, which is why they added the brass deflector on the A2.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

+1 Not to say that there aren't some semi-autos that cause problems for lefties; I have owned several 10/22's, AK's, and a Sig 522 and have never had problems with spent brass hitting me in the face.

Latest posts

Top Bottom