Help me pick out a new sig carry gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 239, but it is too large for a single stack. For that size I could carry a 226 or even a Glock 19. Then the next size down in pistols is in the LC9/PPS/M&P Shield/Kahr K9 class which have limited capacity.

I wish someone made something along the lines of this:

Glock 26 size, in height/length/barrel length
Hi Power thickness, meaning double stack magazine and butt (10 rounds) but a slim frame and slide.
Not picky about the frame material, though I would like a nice light alloy over polymer.
Nice DA (i.e. Kahr, or even my LCP) or DA/SA like the Sig
No manual safety to think about

I want something that holds 10 rounds, not 6 and not 15. And I don't want it to have a slide as thick as the double stack magazine. The Hi Power was ingenious in that design. I'm not sure why it wasn't copied into a more compact, 10 round design.

Last edited:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a P238. Haven't actually fired it yet, although I said I did in an earlier thread. Before I bought this one, I had the chance to shoot one. I liked it even though it has a very heavy trigger, both the one I shot and mine.

If you were gonna carry a 238 with a round chambered, I think you'd have to do it with hammer cocked and safety on. The hammer is small and, in the excitement of the chase, there is a reasonable chance you'd not get it cocked very fast or it might slip out from under your thumb. This problem (if it is one) would also exist with the 938.

I've kept mine unfired because the week after I bought it I heard about the 938. My plan is to trade when they become readily available. But, I'm getting tired of waiting.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Again P225, same size as a S&W 3913, so its not much bigger than a J-frame S&W. Pic's!!
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_fdaaabf4.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_S3000076.jpg

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they're gonna run somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 more than the 238. Of course, there's a potful of different 238 models; some more expensive than others. The 938 will carry a premium at first, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom