Why So Many Sigs For Sale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have one Sig...an old-school P230 that I picked up from a forum member. I love the old generation Sigs...especially the P230 and P220. I carried a P220 on duty for a few years and really like it. I frequently carried a P230 as a backup in a pocket in my vest carrier.

I did buy an M17/P320 without ever having handled one. Once I got it home and held it and fiddled around with it a bit, never fired it, I knew it wasn't for me. I didn't care for the feel, the trigger...just didn't like it at all so I sold it. Personally, I just don't like the new crop of Sig handguns at all. I'm sure they're fine guns, just not for me.

I am curious why there are always tons of them for sale everywhere...especially on the forum? Does the "self-firing" controversy bother you? Is it just because there are so many out there? It just seems the P320 and P365 family of guns are available everywhere I look.

Just curious why that is or if it's even a thing.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned several p365's the wife has a x macro. I love them but someone in family always needs it. Lol I was actually thinking about buying another. As for the 320 the whole firing without engaging the trigger would be my guess. I want one but buy one now.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't visit a lot of other gun sites, but at least here it seems like I see more Glocks than Sigs come up for sale. I have several of each. I have collected quite a few of the metal guns including several of the older German made ones. I don't much care for the plastic ones Sig have turned to, but seems the public wants them. Weight savings mainly I suppose. I have been considering changing out my G43X for a P365 but just haven't found the right deal yet. My Glocks are tools. My Sigs are my babies.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because FN is finally making the stuff I want that Sig used to make ;)

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the chassis system. I was at first because "Lego's for adults", but the longer I've owned and fired them, the more I do not like the trigger reset and the hollow feeling I get in the grip from that thin hollow module. You don't get it with an FN, Glock, Smith, Insert solid plastic frame favorite. Personal preference mostly.

Then there is the bitter taste that I have for Sig and letting customers beta test their products. Kinda over it and want to be done with the issues and hassles I've had personally.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because FN is finally making the stuff I want that Sig used to make ;)

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the chassis system. I was at first because "Lego's for adults", but the longer I've owned and fired them, the more I do not like the trigger reset and the hollow feeling I get in the grip from that thin hollow module. You don't get it with an FN, Glock, Smith, Insert solid plastic frame favorite. Personal preference mostly.

Then there is the bitter taste that I have for Sig and letting customers beta test their products. Kinda over it and want to be done with the issues and hassles I've had personally.

I only have one FN...and it's really not even an FN. It's a 502. I haven't fired any of the newer polymer FNs, either. I do really like the little 502 even after a rocky start (had to send it back after first firing...they exchanged it for a new gun...replacement works great).

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean yeah.... I am not sure I want a product from a manufacturer that is under lawsuits from LE agencies. I like their optics and the rifles though... I am not sure I will buy one until they make things right.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have one FN...and it's really not even an FN. It's a 502. I haven't fired any of the newer polymer FNs, either. I do really like the little 502 even after a rocky start (had to send it back after first firing...they exchanged it for a new gun...replacement works great).
My 502 went back as well. Came back with a new mag added and a note said "Yours's wasn't affected, sorry for the hassle here is a free mag"

FN has had it's share of snafu's too, so they are not 100% innocent. My 509's have been rock solid from day one.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of Glocks, too. But polymer Glocks have been around a lot longer than the newer generation of Sigs. No doubt there's a ton of both out there and on the used market. I own a few Glocks.
Maybe a lot of the Sig fanboys like myself decided to give their tupperware versions a try and found they were a disappointment from the metal guns they were used to so to the market place they go. I did buy a Sig P290 which shoots well and carries nicely, but it is the only plastic one that has tempted me so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom