Why So Many Sigs For Sale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own one Sig, the M18. Only other Sig that we ever had was one of the original P320's that my wife bought but never could make run for herself. I could shoot it just fine, but it was her's so after it didn't work for her we went to Wilshire range, rented several models and ended up trading it for a G19 for her. She owns a G19 and G17. I own zero Glocks.

I bought the M18 because I wanted something with bigger round count to carry, and it was my first polymer gun besides a couple pocket 380's and a S&W Shield. Plus I wanted something in FDE for a change up. I don't like Glocks grip angle, and honestly would've went with a M&P but they didn't have one in FDE with night sights, so bought the M18. I haven't shot it a ton, but no issues yet.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda took this thread off the rails. Sorry, like I previously said we all have different experiences or failures that change or outlook. Some guns just don't fit everyone, so we go with what works. If we all liked or believed in the same things it would be a dull world.

Carry On Gentlemen!!!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dull world? Maybe. But if everyone drove like I do it would be a much better world...

anim_coffee.gif

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned 3 P320s and I really loved them. They shot great, were very carryable and there are tons of options for them. But I ended up selling all of them due to the continuing lawsuits. I know there are tens of thousands of these on the streets, but the thought of one accidentally going off and injuring me or a family member was just more than I could handle. I need to be able to trust my carry gun and those doubts just sunk that trust. I have been looking at maybe picking up an all metal, hammer fired Sig in the future, just don't care for the models available right now.

On a side note, my new Echelon is fantastic. It almost makes me want to get rid of my other poly guns.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new production 210 standard I bought just for my collection. Thinking about using it for bowling pin competition 9mm class where I currently use a 1911. Rounds for the competition are limited to 8 in a magazine. Anyone used one? I may just try it the next shoot then decide if I want to use it going forward or sell it to free up some safe space.

ten22sday

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned several P320s and a P250 over the years, ended up parting with all but my M17 which I've used at the run n gun events I've shot at. Up until recently I considered it my SHTF pistol and was in the camp of disregarding the 'shoots on its own' controversy until seeing the video of the P320 firing in the officer's holster in Montville. It made me finally let go of the idea that it was only irresponsible cops shooting themselves and look more into the platform.

What made me decide to look for an alternative to my M17/P320 platform is that the manual safety on the P320/M17/M18 only inhibits movement of the trigger and trigger bar, not the sear itself. Additionally, there is no firing pin block like there is on a Glock pattern striker mechanism or similar striker fired handguns. There is a striker block, but it's a different design (and likely the culprit for the initial batch of drop safety issues, but I'm no gunsmith so take that with a grain of salt). It can be argued back and forth as to the safety of the weapon as a whole, and certainly my M17 copy has had zero issues for me since buying it in 2020, but the Montville incident and Sig's flawed response to debunk it was enough to finally tip the scales for me.

I won't be getting rid of my M17, I enjoy shooting it too much. Instead I settled on a Walther PDP to take its place for humping through the woods, and the Sig will enjoy a new status as safe queen, though a fair bit dirtier than my others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new production 210 standard I bought just for my collection. Thinking about using it for bowling pin competition 9mm class where I currently use a 1911. Rounds for the competition are limited to 8 in a magazine. Anyone used one? I may just try it the next shoot then decide if I want to use it going forward or sell it to free up some safe space.

So they split the classes up now in Bowling Pins? A 9mm class and a 45 class? Was not that way years ago.

If so that is cool, as they did not do so years ago when I dabbled at them. First one I went I was schooled big time! A older gent as I am now was going to be my first victim, we stepped up laid our pistols down, his a 45 Smith revolver mine a Glock 17. Buzzer went off and I laid all five down with my first 5 shots fast. Laid my G17 down as he had shot 3 of his 5 and 2 to go. He stopped and grinned when he said hey young man they have to come off the table, not sit there and spin in circles as 2 of my 5 were doing and two others laid there and one on the ground. He looked down range and 2 more shots and he cleared his table with 5 shots as I re engaged trying to clear mine when the match was over when his 5th pin fell off.

I was an embarrassed 25 year old that was Royally Humbled that day. Went home and bought a 21 and went to re learning.

Last edited:

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So they split the classes up now in Bowling Pins? A 9mm class and a 45 class?

If so that is cool, as they did not do so years ago when I dabbled at them.
9mm is closer to the rear of the table than higher powered calibers. At least at the Tulsa gun club shoots on second Saturday of each month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom